Change background image
Stimulating publications about Kava and your Body for the inquisitive mind.
- Views of an Ethnobotanical Treasure
- Dr. Jerome Sarris
- 'awa in 2002 a research update - YouTube Video Video
- Inhibition of Human Cytochrome P450 Activities by Kava Extract and Kavalactones
- Kava Hepatotoxicity in Traditional and Modern Use: The Presumed Pacific Kava Paradox Hypothesis Revisited
- Kava Historically Safe “As a Water Etract”
- Kava Lactones and the Kava-kava Controversy
- Flavokawain B & The Hepatotoxic Constituent from Kava Root.
- Kava Hepatotoxicity: a European View.
- Kava and Kava Hepatotoxicity: Requirements for Novel Experimental, Ethnobotanical and Clinical Studies Based on a Review of the Evidence.
- Contaminant hepatotoxins as culprits for kava hepatotoxicity--fact or fiction?
- Proposal for a kava quality standardization code.
- Herbal hepatotoxicity by kava: update on pipermethystine, flavokavain B, and mould hepatotoxins as primarily assumed culprits.
- Kava hepatotoxicity solution: A six-point plan for new kava standardization.
- In vitro cytotoxicity of kava extracts and kavalactones (PDF Download)
- Chronic toxicity of kava extracts in the rat (PDF Download)
- Comparison of in vitro toxicity of kava as a function of cultivar, plant part and extraction (PDF Download)
- In vitro cytotoxicity of nonpolar constituents from different parts of kava plant (Piper methysticum)
- Inhibition of TNFalpha-induced activation of nuclear factor kappaB by kava (Piper methysticum) derivatives.
- Quantification of kavalactones and determination of kava (Piper methysticum) chemotypes using near-infrared reflectance spectroscopy for quality control in vanuatu.
- Detection of flavokavins (A, B, C) in cultivars of kava (Piper methysticum) using high performance thin layer chromatography (HPTLC).
- Interaction of various Piper methysticum cultivars with CNS receptors in vitro.
- The narcotic pepper - The chemistry and pharmacology of Piper methysticum and related species
- Neurocognitive effects of kava (Piper methysticum): a systematic review.
- Effects of kava-kava extract on the sleep-wake cycle in sleep-disturbed rats.
- Kava Historically Safe "As a Water Extract" (PDF Download)
- Kava for the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder [...] analysis of adverse reactions, liver function, addiction, and sexual effects