What's new

For the Record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
A while ago there was a statement made on a different platform that has made its way around again. I feel that a few members on this forum have likely seen it so I would like to clear a couple things.

Amongst various other bits of erroneous drivel in a post full of half truths and outright lies, one of my products was attacked. The claim was that 11 Year Waka is not even Fijian kava. This is absolute unfounded defamation. There is no proof of this. I would never sell a kava that is from a different source than is claimed. The idea that the kava is of inferior quality is not supported by the scores of customer reviews, check them out here. Furthermore, the poster knows nothing about the specific geographical location or the age of this kava. I know that forum members get very upset when a vendor is slandered for something by someone with no proof, so I'm sure many of you are quite upset by this. I work extremely hard to source the best noble kava the pacific has to offer. I take pride in being a positive force in the industry. I have a responsibility to kava and my customers for integrity and honesty that I take very seriously.

The other section of the rambling post that I'd like to address is my status as a "kava expert". Quotes were taken out of context in an attempt to support the poster's claims that I "don't know very much about kava", but the statements I made are correct when properly contextualized. That said, I am happy to announce that I am always learning more about kava. I started my knowledge base about ten years ago by simply being introduced to kava drinking on the Big Island of Hawaii. I followed that up by demolishing many books on kava and any other publications I could fine. I regularly converse with kava experts, including world leaders in kava science who I still have an open line of communication with to this day. My practical knowledge of kava comes from working closely and speaking often with growers that I work with that actually have large farms. I'm not going to get into a pissing contest about who knows more or less about kava, but I am confident in my knowledge and the knowledge of those that have passed information on to me.

Bula. Thanks for the support.

Judd

Last edited:

Kraken

Kava Curious
A while ago there was a statement made on a different platform that has made its way around again. I feel that a few members on this forum have likely seen it so I would like to clear a couple things.

Amongst various other bits of erroneous drivel in a post full of half truths and outright lies, one of my products was attacked. The claim was that 11 Year Waka is not even Fijian kava. This is absolute unfounded defamation. There is no proof of this. I would never sell a kava that is from a different source than is claimed. The idea that the kava is of inferior quality is not supported by the scores of customer reviews, check them out here. Furthermore, the poster knows nothing about the specific geographical location or the age of this kava. I know that forum members get very upset when a vendor is slandered for something by someone with no proof, so I'm sure many of you are quite upset by this. I work extremely hard to source the best noble kava the pacific has to offer. I take pride in being a positive force in the industry. I have a responsibility to kava and my customers for integrity and honesty that I take very seriously.

The other section of the rambling post that I'd like to address is my status as a "kava expert". Quotes were taken out of context in an attempt to support the poster's claims that I don't know very much about kava, but the statements I made are correct when properly contextualized. That said, I am happy to announce that I am always learning more about kava. I started my knowledge base about ten years ago by simply being introduced to kava drinking on the Big Island of Hawaii. I followed that up by demolishing many books on kava and any other publications I could fine. I regularly converse with kava experts, including world leaders in kava science who I still have an open line of communication with to this day. My practical knowledge of kava comes from working closely and speaking often with growers that I work with that actually have large farms. I'm not going to get into a pissing contest about who knows more or less about kava, but I am confident in my knowledge and the knowledge of those that have passed information on to me.

Judd
I have been a Kava Forum stocker for several years and have purchased many varieties from different sources I have to say that I have never not one time purchased anything from Bula kava house I have not been impressed with and with that said I have tried almost every variety of kava that they have had for over 3 year's off and on except for the some of the more recent stuff sorry judd I have not bought anything in almost 9 months only because I have had access to a local kava bar I spent over $480 there last month so you understand point is you have my total support and honestly people one would be lucky to have in my opinion 1/8 the knowledge base that this guy probably has when it comes to this wonderful plant enough said...

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
I have been a Kava Forum stocker for several years and have purchased many varieties from different sources I have to say that I have never not one time purchased anything from Bula kava house I have not been impressed with and with that said I have tried almost every variety of kava that they have had for over 3 year's off and on except for the some of the more recent stuff sorry judd I have not bought anything in almost 9 months only because I have had access to a local kava bar I spent over $480 there last month so you understand point is you have my total support and honestly people one would be lucky to have in my opinion 1/8 the knowledge base that this guy probably has when it comes to this wonderful plant enough said...

Thanks man. I really appreciate the kind words. Our business has grown at an astounding rate, so the proof is in the pudding, but it's nice to hear stuff like that in these public venues.

No worries on the lack of recent orders. I know what it's like to have a cool kava bar to hang out and be social in because, ya know, I own one. Kava's a social drink so it's nice to drink with others. Even so, you might want to start having the kava parties at your house to save some money. Out of curiosity, what's your local kava bar?

Kraken

Kava Curious
Thanks man. I really appreciate the kind words. Our business has grown at an astounding rate, so the proof is in the pudding, but it's nice to hear stuff like that in these public venues.

No worries on the lack of recent orders. I know what it's like to have a cool kava bar to hang out and be social in because, ya know, I own one. Kava's a social drink so it's nice to drink with others. Even so, you might want to start having the kava parties at your house to save some money. Out of curiosity, what's your local kava bar?
You're very welcome if I'm ever in Oregon I will definitely be stopping by
I think the biggest problem with me saving money and not going to the kava bar is as you know it's a different experience and in being there every night I meet quite a few people that I like to see from time to time so for being non-addictive as the kava is the conversations and the people we meet there is it's always a pleasant experience to be surrounded by strange people drinking large amounts of kava some nights I catch myself spending over 3 hours at a time there and something I didn't realize till just recently is with the large amounts of kava I have been ingesting I find myself going through days where I haven't had any of it to drink feeling like the whole world just seems right not something I ever felt before i was drinking kava on a regular basis so I've been hanging my hat at Ohana kava bar in Colorado Springs something else I notice is with the bars location there are many liquor bars around it so I whenever outside I i see and hear all the rowdy people getting drunk and then I walk back in the building and everyones in a good mood things are calm and people are talking to each other in a normal Manor then on a regular basis I meet quite a few people that say they have got away from being severe alcoholics or even drug addicts and it seems to me that a drug addict or alcoholic has a lot better luck changing their life to something positive quickly whenever they have kava in it most dried out alcoholics or drug addicts complain or even have a bad attitude about things off and on and I don't see that very often with my fellow Grog guzzlers in fact they almost seem like they're really enjoying their life even though they're going through a hard time so I guess for me being in a place where I have access to a decent kava bar gives me a chance to see the world in a different way then I could sitting at home making my grog on the couch by the way I really miss the "Koniak" I know it's gone and it's not coming back and all but I really miss it...

tonythefiddler

Kava Curious
Dude I just can't believe how awesome 11 year is. I've tried all the major vendors, and kavatime savu savu was close, but not one of any others comes close to the consistency and reliability of 11 year. And Eua micro is even way above that, can't wait for the return. You did some freakin magic with that stuff in removing the makas and grinding, it was like butter texture and flavor lol

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
Dude I just can't believe how awesome 11 year is. I've tried all the major vendors, and kavatime savu savu was close, but not one of any others comes close to the consistency and reliability of 11 year. And Eua micro is even way above that, can't wait for the return. You did some freakin magic with that stuff in removing the makas and grinding, it was like butter texture and flavor lol
I got 2 pounds of the Eua micro, at 5-10 grams per serving, it should last me a while :)

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Yeah, the 11 Year is consistently one of the most loved products we have. The poster referenced above is ridiculous and just trying to make me look bad. What can I say? Success tends to bring forth the haters. Means I'm doing something right.

The 'Eua is great, and we were very careful about getting rid of the makas and getting that perfect grind. We'll get some back out soon.

Bula!

Judd

TheKavaFlow

Kava Podcaster

The other section of the rambling post that I'd like to address is my status as a "kava expert". Quotes were taken out of context in an attempt to support the poster's claims that I "don't know very much about kava", but the statements I made are correct when properly contextualized. That said, I am happy to announce that I am always learning more about kava. I started my knowledge base about ten years ago by simply being introduced to kava drinking on the Big Island of Hawaii. I followed that up by demolishing many books on kava and any other publications I could fine. I regularly converse with kava experts, including world leaders in kava science who I still have an open line of communication with to this day. My practical knowledge of kava comes from working closely and speaking often with growers that I work with that actually have large farms. I'm not going to get into a pissing contest about who knows more or less about kava, but I am confident in my knowledge and the knowledge of those that have passed information on to me.

Judd
So if it's not from Fiji, where did they say that delicious kava came from, and why were they complaining about its origins? ::happyshell::

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
So if it's not from Fiji, where did they say that delicious kava came from, and why were they complaining about its origins? ::happyshell::
The claim was that is isn't "pure Fiji kava." The evidence given was that he drank some.

The motive was an attempt to make me look bad. Pure and simple.

Last edited:

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Also for the record, if that post on reddit had been here on kavaforums, it would have been removed nearly when it was posted, and we wouldn't be talking about it this far down the road. It's not something we would allow here. Let me say that if someone said to me "Judd Wrench sells sawdust and cat litter as kava, and it gave me a permanent migraine", I would tell them they need to f*ck right off. You wouldn't be a vendor here if you sold total crap, and neither would the other party in question. We understand it REQUIRES integrity to own and run a successful business (like both mentioned here), and due to that we don't go around asking our good standing vendors to suddenly provide extra proofs that they are a legitimate company. Let's stop worrying about how much more our neighbor has.

Everyone who drinks kava looks up to and EXPECTS their vendors to be kava experts. So every person who buys your kava thinks you're a kava expert, and actually are investing money in that by purchasing kava from you. The truth of the matter is that there are no kava experts who know everything, just individuals who have more insight into their slice of the kava world. That's where I would absolutely stand up for you. Disparaging someone's life experiences and knowledge isn't behavior very becoming of a vendor, but again that's why the moderators here have discretion on those sorts of things, and also why it would be removed pretty quickly or the post locked down.

I guess my question would be, why did you not respond in the thread on reddit, but respond here, and 8 months later? (He just found out about it)

This is the message in contest.
(Point of information: The post is archived on reddit's servers and can no longer be commented on)

Last edited:

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I don't think that's the post @Kapmcrunk , it makes no mention of the origin of 11 year.

I'm confused, @Bula Kava House - to what post are you referring?
You are right, it was in reference to a post you made on Chris's "Pictures from GHK", if I am not mistaken. I edited it along with many others that were either removed or edited.

Either way, I think Kapm makes an excellent point and these "discussions" are pointless as I see no need for any vendor to provide proof of anything. In respect to both parties involved, their reviews and reputations speak for themselves.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I made no specific remarks about 11 year in the post you edited, but regardless, Judd says the post that prompted him to start this thread was on "a different platform", not here. If Kapm's link is correct, it was 8 months ago! I have no idea why Judd felt the need to comment on it now!
Perhaps you are right, I am losing track of who did what when. I will say that these threads are counter productive. This is a kava community, i would think that an unique group such as ourselves should and would be above all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.