What's new

Powdered Kava Review Squanch Kava Fiji Waka

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
The one that started the adventure!
This is the first kava I ever tried and it is still the strongest one I've had to date. I have made this kava on many occasions now using both the Aluball and traditional prep and it never fails to impress! It is consistent, reliable and always is there for me no matter if I've eaten recently, if I am distracted, working on something etc etc. Where some other kavas can be elusive and in need of a perfect setting (empty stomach, quiet surroundings etc etc) Squanch is very forgiving and will hang with you rain or shine and has never failed me. I know every time I make up a batch it is going to be a great experience.

Even though the grind itself has some bits in it (see image below), it is a very aluball friendly and the water is always able to get everything out of the makas.

This kava is STRONG! It is the most astringent kava I've had to date. You absolutely will never forget to drink water with this kava as you will feel it drying you out. Did I mention that this kava is strong?

Seconds after the first shell I feel a total numbing of my lips and front and sides of my tongue. Then the waves start hitting and I feel myself starting to relax. The sensation builds after each subsequent shell and can go as far as you want to go. If you are looking to get to Krunksville, Squanch not only knows the way, he knows every shortcut and back road to get you there FAST! The very first time I made this kava I got so krunked on just 1 and a half aluball shakers that I couldn't even drink the third wash. I was absolutely dunzo! Even when I overdo it though I never experience nausea. Squanch is a gentle giant in that respect. The worst side effect of overindulgence that I've had with Squanch is some buzziness in my head like when you drink way too much coffee on no sleep. That kind of feeling.

Squanch has some really cool mind effects that I have not experienced with other kavas thus far. The very first time I had Squanch it was after coming home from a very stressful ride in South Florida rush hour traffic complete with traffic jams and detours. After over an hour in traffic I finally made it home and I was so stressed out that I could feel it all in my shoulders and neck and I was just totally frazzled. Then I went to the mailbox and lo my Squanch had arrived! I immediately made up a batch in the Aluball shaker and was blown away. This stuff tastes very strong and is very astringent tasting, but man oh man, does it deliver! After the initial numbing I noticed my stress level go from through the roof right on down to Bob Marley "don't worry 'bout a thing" territory. I was so completely calm and everything was right in the world again. But coolest of all for me was the ability this kava had to COMPLETELY turn the noise off in my head. It just turned off like turning off a radio and the usual racing, noisy, ever present thoughts were replaced with absolute silence and complete calm. I was absolutely amazed and so happy.

This kava for me lasts a very long time and after several hours of blissful quiet relaxation I was ready for bed. I went out like a light and slept so hard. No dreams, I don't even think I changed position the entire night. When I awoke the next day I could still feel remnant effects from the kava that lasted the entire day even after eating and working, the calm relaxation just stayed with me. This has happened to me every time I've had Squanch.

Which brings me to the next thing I love about Squanch. It is very economical! Not only are you able to use less kava due to its potency and next day effects, but you can get THREE very good washes out of one batch of kava with it only getting really weak on the fourth! This is a great thing if you are looking for a way to save some money on a good quality kava and make your supply stretch. One thing I like to do with Squanch is to put the used makas in a ziplock in the freezer since I usually can never drink much more than 1 wash by myself. When I'm ready to make kava again I just take the makas from the freezer and put it into the blender with some water (or water with almond milk), blend it up for a minute and strain it through the kavafied strainer and it is like having a fresh batch. Awesome! (y)

Bottom line: Squanch's waka is a great value for your money. It is potent, long lasting and a little goes a long, long way. It is reliable and forgiving. It has great quieting effects on the mind which I greatly appreciate along with some nice, smiley, feel good vibes for your whole body. This is a kava that radiates with you. Due to its potency I strictly use this as a nighttime/weekend kava. This kava is a great choice for anyone looking for a good bang for their buck on a high quality, potent kava, but I think this kava would be especially valuable for people who are experiencing reverse tolerance or those who have to consume large amounts to feel any effects. The Squanchman will not let you down! (y)

20170823_213855.jpg

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
Nice review. It looks like you overcame reverse tolerance pretty easily. How long did it take before you got your first effects?
Thank you. :) I never experienced reverse tolerance. My first exposure to kava in any form was the Squanch and I got totally krunked off of one and a half aluballs. I felt it from the very first shell. :)

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Thank you. :) I never experienced reverse tolerance. My first exposure to kava in any form was the Squanch and I got totally krunked off of one and a half aluballs. I felt it from the very first shell. :)
I remember back in the old days I would shell and wait,.... usually 20 - 30 minutes before any effects. Squanch was the first kava that I had to beat that, and it was like 2 minutes after downing the shell. Now it hits me as I begin chugging and before I even get to the bottom of the shell. But it was Squanch that really broke that time of onset of effects barrier for me. Just blew it right out of the water.

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
I remember back in the old days I would shell and wait,.... usually 20 - 30 minutes before any effects. Squanch was the first kava that I had to beat that, and it was like 2 minutes after downing the shell. Now it hits me as I begin chugging and before I even get to the bottom of the shell. But it was Squanch that really broke that time of onset of effects barrier for me. Just blew it right out of the water.
I had the same thing. From my very first shell I had a full mouth numbing and then it started hitting me. It was immediate. I thought maybe I was lucky, but maybe I wasn't and it was just the power of the Squanch! It's amazing stuff! :)

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I had the same thing. From my very first shell I had a full mouth numbing and then it started hitting me. It was immediate. I thought maybe I was lucky, but maybe I wasn't and it was just the power of the Squanch! It's amazing stuff! :)
oh, and nice review, btw. Keep 'em coming. I love the enthusiasm