• Bad synergy/Avoid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No clue lol

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RickSanchez

Kava Curious
Long time daily medical Cannabis user but fairly new to the Kava experience and community, just wondering if there are any other members who have experience combining the two and if its a positive experience or one that should be avoided. Thanks for providing so much great information on Kava, would love to see this discussion grow..

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Absolutely amazing.

However .. smoked cannabis can aggravate the anxiety some times induces by heady kavas.
However... edible cannabis will help this . Especially if a heavier variety.

And one last note . Both are drying plants. Albiet in different ways. Cannabis is astringent and therefore locally drying but overtime helps retain water .
Kava is a diuretic... causing locally increase in water but drying constitutionally.. hence why longterm cannabis use doesn't cause dermo but kava does.

With that said and in mind. Both are fat soluble and therefore require a high amount of fats in the diet to process and digest... the more fats in the diet the less dried out you will feel when combining these two.

Otherwise.. enjoy your heart out I use the combo almost daily.

I hope that wasnt to simplistic of an answer ;) lol

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I believe that the combination is fine, somewhat psychedelic. The key to remember, IMO, is that they potentiate each other, so reduce the amounts of each that one would normally consume, in order to accomodate that potentiation and keep the effect down where you want or need it to be. But if you go in willy nilly, drinking your usual quantity of kava and your usual MMj the combo could really throw you for a loop.

D

Deleted User01

Moke'em if you got'em. I have never tried the two in Tandem so I will be over to your place later today so we can find out how it works. :D
I will ask you a question instead. Is the Medicinal Cannabis less potent than the strong strains of weed they are selling nowadays? The last time I took a puff, it put me in la la land and was way stronger than I remembered (in the 70s). Kava is about as strong a drug as I can handle anymore and even my alcohol days are getting more and more puny.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Moke'em if you got'em. I have never tried the two in Tandem so I will be over to your place later today so we can find out how it works. :D
I will ask you a question instead. Is the Medicinal Cannabis less potent than the strong strains of weed they are selling nowadays? The last time I took a puff, it put me in la la land and was way stronger than I remembered (in the 70s). Kava is about as strong a drug as I can handle anymore and even my alcohol days are getting more and more puny.
The bad news is, we're getting old. OTOH, the good news is, we're getting old.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
@Steve probably knows a thing or two about the combination.
Bonerfarts? Sir Hammerlock in Borderlands 2 knows about those too!

image.jpeg

Back on topic for a moment, I see no problem with enjoying cannabis and kava at the same time. Everything in moderation. Don't use weed to fight nausea so you can drink more kava. Don't smoke so much weed that you get anxious or lose your motivation. Be safe, y'all.

RickSanchez

Kava Curious
Well after some sessions with both i've become almost infatuated with this mixture, just make sure to drink plenty of water and munch out on a nice slice of 'za or two. Thanks for all the kind responses and feedback.

RickSanchez

Kava Curious
And definitely no, Medicinal Cannabis is far more potent than any recreational variety one could find on basically any corner here, at least here in California. Always welcome for a shell and bowl round my parts as far as I'm concerned ::amirite::

Last edited:

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
One nice thing about medical herb is that you know the CBD and THC levels and can choose the strain that suits your needs. Same thing goes in legal states, though. Dispensaries selling recreational weed usually have quite a variety, too.

Meanwhile in the rest of the US it's still $20 grams of schwag, unless you're lucky to know good, uhh, "vendors."