What's new

How finely ground do you like your Kava?

How fine do you like you kava?

• Micronized

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Fine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Medium

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Coarse

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Mix/Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

infraredz

BULA!
How finely ground do you like you kava? Do you prefer micronized, fine, medium or coarse?

How do you usually strain or prepare your kava? There are a lot of strainers out there, and I'm curious what the preferred grind is. What's your preferred strainer? Nylon stocking(s), Fijian, Paint Strainer(s), etc.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I prefer it somewhere between a medium and coarse grind. I find that when straining with paint strainers it gives the best ratio of liquid to fine particles.

infraredz

BULA!
I prefer it somewhere between a medium and coarse grind. I find that when straining with paint strainers it gives the best ratio of liquid to fine particles.
Me too, there is not a strainer that I have tried that is good enough for finely ground Kava. Micronized- forget about it, might as well toss and wash.

I've even been using two nylon stocking (one inside the other) to reduce the particulate. Of course, it's less potent, but my skin sure appreciates it.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Sometimes less potent is better. Dermapothy bad enough can offset the ratio of good effects to bad effects. I sure do love kava, but when the skin starts to derp, that's no good.

infraredz

BULA!
Definitely, dermopathy is awful. However, I conducted a little trial on myself with different topical treatments and will be posting them soon as well as my overall approach to treating it.

I've found that using the double stocking works A LOT better with dermopathy.

KavaGurl

The Original Kava Forum Mama
Yeah....I'm definitely NOT a fan of finely ground..it's too hard to work with, which only leads to my toss n' washing:rolleyes: