What's new

Dua Na Bilo?

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
Anyone have any Intel on where to get some of this? Amazon says it's sold out. I hadn't heard anyone mentioning it for a few months.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Yeah they’ve been out of the lawena and waka for awhile.
Idk when it’ll come back in stock. Unfortunately too the prices got too high on Amazon as the stock dwindled too.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
AFAIK DnB has disappeared off the planet. There is no activity on their website, not for a long time, and nothing available. As for Amazon, they are sold out of the Fijian Waka, the Fijian Lawena, and the Vanuatu, all kavas I really enjoy. Thank merciful heaven we bought a butt-load while we could..... there was a stretch there a while back when I'd wake up and she'd say "Ward, don't you think you were a little rough on the Dua Na Bilo last night?" And I'd say, trouble not, trueheart, for I have but this very day mandated and warranted the imminent delivery of 5 additional pounds of this fair root," to which she would reply, "forsooth fools rarely defer, for I myself as the clock struck three and I awoke in need of distraction did casually command, as one does, yet another 5 lbs of this desirable concoction. Tis a merry fortnight or fifth or sixth or more we'll endure fore this tale's final chapter is told." And thus we would while the hours gently away, in idle affectionsome banter with much gentle prodding and tickling, and gentle slapping only when I deserved it.

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
I just finished a bag from when it became available again and it was a waste of money imho. I barely felt any effects even after hitting it hard.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I just finished a bag from when it became available again and it was a waste of money imho. I barely felt any effects even after hitting it hard.
This has unfortunately been my experience with a lot of kava products lately. Even some of the higher priced ones. I'm going to have to limit myself to only certain vendors and try to reduce usage as much as possible. Definitely not a good situation.

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
This has unfortunately been my experience with a lot of kava products lately. Even some of the higher priced ones. I'm going to have to limit myself to only certain vendors and try to reduce usage as much as possible. Definitely not a good situation.
I hear ya. It kind of makes reviews useless at this point. My last bag from them was the best bang for my buck bag I’ve had in a long time and then this most recent bag wasn’t worth the postage cost I paid. I’ve even considered going back to alcohol

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I hear ya. It kind of makes reviews useless at this point. My last bag from them was the best bang for my buck bag I’ve had in a long time and then this most recent bag wasn’t worth the postage cost I paid. I’ve even considered going back to alcohol
I really feel the review system should be revamped. The inconsistency batch to batch on so many products makes them irrelevant at this point if they are more than about 6 months old. What I would have recommended or how I felt from products years ago is completely different than now. It's one of the reasons we see so many new users wondering why something that they see so highly rated feels just OK at best. My kava shelf, which has gotten very small over the past year, now has two sides. The useless side and the usable to good side. Rather than really enjoying the good stuff, I end up blending the two together so I don't feel like I completely wasted my money on most of it.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I really feel the review system should be revamped. The inconsistency batch to batch on so many products makes them irrelevant at this point if they are more than about 6 months old. What I would have recommended or how I felt from products years ago is completely different than now. It's one of the reasons we see so many new users wondering why something that they see so highly rated feels just OK at best. My kava shelf, which has gotten very small over the past year, now has two sides. The useless side and the usable to good side. Rather than really enjoying the good stuff, I end up blending the two together so I don't feel like I completely wasted my money on most of it.
I know this idea wouldn't work out perfectly as people who left reviews don't always return, but you can go to your own reviews and edit them to how you feel about them currently. It may make some of the conversation in the thread below it sound sorta strange, but you absolutely may go back and edit those reviews if you feel differently towards a kava that you've continued to purchase.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I know this idea wouldn't work out perfectly as people who left reviews don't always return, but you can go to your own reviews and edit them to how you feel about them currently. It may make some of the conversation in the thread below it sound sorta strange, but you absolutely may go back and edit those reviews if you feel differently towards a kava that you've continued to purchase.
That would be an option. One issue we have is that most of the vendors here are popular members of the community and people only like to talk about them when it's something positive. I think something like an anonymous poll of a 1-5 shell rating would be interesting. Or even a more complex review form that rates various quality/effect elements to get trending data over time. That way we can capture quality data, both good and bad, from members without people worrying that they are damaging a relationship with the vendor. Even that would have to be managed and updated as new batches are released, though.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
AFAIK DnB has disappeared off the planet. There is no activity on their website, not for a long time, and nothing available. As for Amazon, they are sold out of the Fijian Waka, the Fijian Lawena, and the Vanuatu, all kavas I really enjoy. Thank merciful heaven we bought a butt-load while we could..... there was a stretch there a while back when I'd wake up and she'd say "Ward, don't you think you were a little rough on the Dua Na Bilo last night?" And I'd say, trouble not, trueheart, for I have but this very day mandated and warranted the imminent delivery of 5 additional pounds of this fair root," to which she would reply, "forsooth fools rarely defer, for I myself as the clock struck three and I awoke in need of distraction did casually command, as one does, yet another 5 lbs of this desirable concoction. Tis a merry fortnight or fifth or sixth or more we'll endure fore this tale's final chapter is told." And thus we would while the hours gently away, in idle affectionsome banter with much gentle prodding and tickling, and gentle slapping only when I deserved it.
You make me laugh and bring joy into these forums.

TrevC

Kava Enthusiast
Just ordered my first bag of Dua Na Bilo Fijian Waka.
Ran out of Nambawan and Melo Melo recently and since BKH was out of stock, I decided to try something different.
Also got some Wakacon Kava Lawena, upon recommendation. (For some reason I always overlooked Wakacon, even though it's usually a top search result on Amazon.)
My Kava stock always seems to be just Kava Supreme plus one or two bags of something else.

Always open to suggestions.

AlohaAimee

Kava Enthusiast
I do like the idea of the review system here being updated. Maybe something like an individual thread in each vendor's section like "What's the current batch like?" where people can review more on the fly...

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I do like the idea of the review system here being updated. Maybe something like an individual thread in each vendor's section like "What's the current batch like?" where people can review more on the fly...
You can already leave more than one, I changed it to 3 reviews several months ago. On Dnb, I like it and drink it regularly, it's not the most potent kava on the market but it makes a fine weekend beverage. I don't always like to get krunked until my legs get wobbly anyways (not always ;)).

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Dua na bilo is usually potent. Batch dependent I'll agree. This week I got some DNB from amaozn, compared alongside a pound of my regular fiji'an waka was not as strong, so I've mixed all of it in my mix bag. Still amazingly enjoyable and medicinal. I have another one unopened, it may be stronger, it varies!

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Dua na bilo is usually potent. Batch dependent I'll agree. This current one I got from amazon [DNB] a week ago compared alongside a pound of my regular fiji'an waka was not as strong, so I've mixed all of it in my mix bag. Still amazingly enjoyable and medicinal. I have another unopened leftover and it could be stronger, it varies