What's new

Kava Dosages Very confused Halp..

phunkeesea

Kava Curious
Off the top of my head, last I heard, Kalm with Kava and Bula Kava House sell their stuff on Amazon. If you want to support the vendors more fully, I recommend ordering from their websites directly. You can get more selection of product and, depending on your shipping options, you can get your kava pretty quickly. Gourmet Hawaiian Kava's website is down so you have to write to Chris here. He's pretty friendly! Kavafied I am not sure if they have Amazon presence but they're another place I recommend supporting directly by visiting their website. All the aforementioned vendors take PayPal and you don't need to make a PayPal account to use it.
Thanks for the info! Yes, I checked earlier and you are correct, a lot of the brands yo mentioned do sell their product on Amazon. Now I’m trying to figure out what types are more anxiolytic/euphoric and less stimulating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
Thanks for the info! Yes, I checked earlier and you are correct, a lot of the brands yo mentioned do sell their product on Amazon. Now I’m trying to figure out what types are more anxiolytic/euphoric and less stimulating.

It sounds like you'd want some balanced kavas. Look for stuff like Borogu (not to be confused with "Borongoru") or Mahakea. In Fiji, kava is processed with either the basal roots or the lateral roots. The basal roots are called "lawena," so any lawena varieties are great day-time drinking since they're not that strong. Kava made from only waka (the lateral) roots are stronger but the varieties that are headier may stimulate you a bunch.

phunkeesea

Kava Curious
I wouldn’t mind the stimulation so much as long as that didn’t cause me to have more anxiety. So, noble kava is a lateral root kava?

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
I wouldn’t mind the stimulation so much as long as that didn’t cause me to have more anxiety. So, noble kava is a lateral root kava?

Noble kava cultivars refers to varieties of kava deemed safe to drink daily. There are certain cultivars of kava, going by names such as "tudei" or "non-noble" where the kavalactone composition may cause adverse effects like nausea and vomiting among other things.

The kava market, for a long time, was littered with many kava products that contained non-noble kava, normally with a noble kava blended with a non-noble kava, to decrease production prices. Consequently, when people found out, many countries, mostly European ones, banned kava altogether. "Noble kava" was (and still is) a way for many vendors to make it clear that their product is 100% noble kava and contains no non-noble. Vanuatu, a major player in the kava game, has banned export of non-noble varieties, while these are still consumed domestically on certain items. The kava industry, at least what goes on in America, has gotten way better. If there are any kava vendors that sell tudei, they clearly label it as such. One of the varieties of tudei I know is being sold is called "isa," which has a composition that's considerably mellower than other tudei varieties, so it's less likely to make you sick if you treat it with respect.

When I mentioned "basal" and "lateral roots," these are different parts of the roots that have different strength and composition of the kavalactones, with lateral roots generally having a higher concentration of kavalactones. But, if I recall correctly, Fiji is the only country that does this. Other countries default to using all of the root. This is just to clarify for you since some vendors will talk about "lawena" (that is "basal roots") and "waka" ("lateral roots") in their products.

I'm no expert at all. Take what I said with salt since I, the human in me, can't keep all my details straight. I'm just a kava consumer, similar in class to most others around here. It took me a fair amount of time to learn about this magnificent plant and to learn what I like about it. The process will be easier if you hang around here. Lots of quality human beings gather here. They're here to help. :)

phunkeesea

Kava Curious
Noble kava cultivars refers to varieties of kava deemed safe to drink daily. There are certain cultivars of kava, going by names such as "tudei" or "non-noble" where the kavalactone composition may cause adverse effects like nausea and vomiting among other things.

The kava market, for a long time, was littered with many kava products that contained non-noble kava, normally with a noble kava blended with a non-noble kava, to decrease production prices. Consequently, when people found out, many countries, mostly European ones, banned kava altogether. "Noble kava" was (and still is) a way for many vendors to make it clear that their product is 100% noble kava and contains no non-noble. Vanuatu, a major player in the kava game, has banned export of non-noble varieties, while these are still consumed domestically on certain items. The kava industry, at least what goes on in America, has gotten way better. If there are any kava vendors that sell tudei, they clearly label it as such. One of the varieties of tudei I know is being sold is called "isa," which has a composition that's considerably mellower than other tudei varieties, so it's less likely to make you sick if you treat it with respect.

When I mentioned "basal" and "lateral roots," these are different parts of the roots that have different strength and composition of the kavalactones, with lateral roots generally having a higher concentration of kavalactones. But, if I recall correctly, Fiji is the only country that does this. Other countries default to using all of the root. This is just to clarify for you since some vendors will talk about "lawena" (that is "basal roots") and "waka" ("lateral roots") in their products.

I'm no expert at all. Take what I said with salt since I, the human in me, can't keep all my details straight. I'm just a kava consumer, similar in class to most others around here. It took me a fair amount of time to learn about this magnificent plant and to learn what I like about it. The process will be easier if you hang around here. Lots of quality human beings gather here. They're here to help. :)
Thank you Fait! You seem to very knowledgeable! I got my new batch of kava today from Dua Na Bilo. I’d never heard if it, but from the reviews, it seemed like a good one to try. It’s out of Fiji, and says it’s a premium quality Fijian Waka. And I must say, I’m really impressed. The first thing I noticed was that my entire face and my mouth went numb. And then I was enveloped by a very calm warmth that felt like I had warm water flowing over my hands and feet. Everything took on a golden hue, kind of like what would happen after drinking a couple of beers. But with no confusion or disorientation. I felt a bit like what I’ve felt like after taking a klonipin. But, then I started to feel very stimulated. So much so that I had to go outside and walk around. I did not like that, but I’m starting to calm down now. Hopefully it will subside even more. I wish that it helped with pain because I’ve got a lot of it. I’m a little bit apprehensive to take my midday dose of K@ at this point. Does anyone here have experience with using kava and K@?

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
I wish that it helped with pain because I’ve got a lot of it.
Try Kavafied Supreme. That's their "original" kava they first introduced to coincide with their Aluball product. Supreme is well-loved by many on this message board for how heavy it is in relation to other products on the market of similar quality. It's readily available. If Bula Kava House has their Nambawan in stock, I also recommend that.
I’m a little bit apprehensive to take my midday dose of K@ at this point. Does anyone here have experience with using kava and K@?
We have a (sub)forum for this kinda question! http://kavaforums.com/forum/forums/anxiety-interactions.267/

Kavacoordinate

Kava Enthusiast
All kavas should help with chronic anxiety to some extent. It may help with panic attacks too but most people don't use kava that way since preparing grog (that's what we call prepared kava ready to drink) takes time. Even if one doesn't have anxiety, the effects of a quality kava can be very enjoyable, similar in a way to alcohol but with fewer side effects and less mental clouding.
I can't agree with this. Headier kavas give me horrid anxiety

Kavacoordinate

Kava Enthusiast
Really? So what forms/strains do you use?

Look for kavas like papa kea from gourmet Hawaiian or squanch Waka. So much is dependent on your individual body chemistry. Case and point. You will read threads or one person states that they felt a, was very heavy so when we say heavy we're referring to kind of a numbing almost alcoholic feel. Without all the giddiness. And then in the same thread somebody else will say that's never been my experience it's always heady for me. And by heady in the Kava world we're talking about the euphoric non depressant almost energizing kava.