What's new

Nakamal at home fresh kava?

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I wonder if its going to be comparable to kavakakalm new green drink maybe a New trend in kava drinks Thats Great
Not quite the same, two important differences to point out. One, it doesn't say fresh green kava which means it is likely dried kava that N@H made into grog. Second, they are shipping it frozen which means they are likely not doing anything to make it shelf stable - i.e. something like a pasteurization process. KWK is saying they have a product that is shelf stable without refrigeration for many months.

readyman

Kava Enthusiast
$23,00 for freight wow gotta get that down otherwise could be the most expensive kava drink Ive seen

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
$23,00 for freight wow gotta get that down otherwise could be the most expensive kava drink Ive seen
For expedited (Next day/overnight) freight, you're probably not going to see much cheaper. That's only $10 more than I normally see for UPS shipments going ground here in the same state. It's most likely USPS, and if it is, that's going to be the bottom dollar.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Interesting, with a name like "Fresh Kava Juice" I assume it is fresh kava juice and not a dry kava beverage. It sounds like they're trying to emulate what KWK has done, but haven't figured out how to make it fully shelf stable. In any case, I'd sure love it if some Kava Forum users would buy some and report back. For $50 a bottle, I'm not likely going to be trying any.

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
Assuming this is green kava, they're receiving frozen whole/minced root from Vanuatu. Instead of just selling this (like what ROH were/are doing), they defrost it, extract the juice from the root/pulp, refreeze it, and then send it onwards to their customers. It will spend 1-3 days in transit and upon arriving likely have to be consumed immediately.
In making the drink themselves, they've increases the shipping cost (added water=added weight), and increased the chance of spoilage.
Maybe I'm missing something, but this doesn't seem to be a good model.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Assuming this is green kava, they're receiving frozen whole/minced root from Vanuatu. Instead of just selling this (like what ROH were/are doing), they defrost it, extract the juice from the root/pulp, refreeze it, and then send it onwards to their customers. It will spend 1-3 days in transit and upon arriving likely have to be consumed immediately.
In making the drink themselves, they've increases the shipping cost (added water=added weight), and increased the chance of spoilage.
Maybe I'm missing something, but this doesn't seem to be a good model.
They might be doing a trial run to see if it's viable and if people will buy it. It's going to be quite a tough market w/ KWK's green bottled and shelf-stable kava.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
N@H might be selling readymade locally and thought, why not freeze it and see if anyone will pay for express shipping?

But yeah, I don’t see anything to suggest this is not made from kava powder. Once it thaws it’ll go off just as quickly as trad-prep made at home.