What's new

Any tips for a dermo reducing diet

Nickavalas Turtle

Kava Curious
Do you guys have any dietary advice for helping avoid dermo? I know that most likely I haven’t been drinking as much water as I should. I have been fighting dry lips and facial skin. The past couple of days I’ve been lotioning up my low waistline just above my ass cheeks. There’s red cracked lines resembling stretch marks. Today I noticed very small flaky skin on my back. Not terrible. I did have some painful skin on my sides a couple weeks ago but it’s quickly vanished. Thanks. Have a great day

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Do you guys have any dietary advice for helping avoid dermo? I know that most likely I haven’t been drinking as much water as I should. I have been fighting dry lips and facial skin. The past couple of days I’ve been lotioning up my low waistline just above my ass cheeks. There’s red cracked lines resembling stretch marks. Today I noticed very small flaky skin on my back. Not terrible. I did have some painful skin on my sides a couple weeks ago but it’s quickly vanished. Thanks. Have a great day
In terms of diet I have tried several things. More water, more oils/fats (olive, fish, etc), more cholesterol (there is at least one theory that kava interrupts you normal cholesterol process). Unfortunately, I don't think anything diet wise has helped. The most effective thing when it gets bad is to cut back, take a break, or attempt a switch to a different kava. I find that I can drink Nambawan hard and heavy and not get dermo. Fijians are the worst for me, and Hawaiians are somewhere in the middle. I tend to cycle back to the Nambawan after a few days to a week on other kavas to let my dermo come back under control.