What's new

I've found the Holy Grail!

Thuja

Kava Curious
Micronized 11 year Waka is the shit. I've tried numerous kavas and some did little, some too much (Nambawan, wicked hangover) and finally 11 year Waka.

Having struggled with chronic pain the past 15 years and pretty much having come to the conclusion that I will be dependent on pain medication for some time yet to come, the problem with pain meds for me is that they cause my anxiety levels to rocket and I have been in a vicious cycle of pain, treat the pain, anxiety gets worse, anxiety makes pain worse and so on.

Having also been through several years of withdrawals from Valium, (wanted to stop and my VA doctor told me to just stop taking them, yeah, didn't work out too well doc!), I'm very leary of trying benzos again for the relief I so desperately need because of the hell they caused on my life 1st time around.

I cannot express how disenchanted I've been when reading here of how well kava works for others, then not for me, that I'd pretty much given up!

All things being equal, desperate times calls for desperate measures and last week I found myself losing my grip on reality because of the intense cranial muscle tension I've been living with on and off 15 years so I took Bula Kava House up on their email marketing.

If tomorrow when I wake up and I feel good, I will know for sure I've finally found the answer to my problems, and now know that the kava connoisseurs on these pages are not full of it! Lol.

One question though, how much do batch's of kava retain their method of action year after year and can I count on this strain from now on, or should I stock up?
Thanks for reading through my post, if anyone made it this far. Bula!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Micronized 11 year Waka is the shit. I've tried numerous kavas and some did little, some too much (Nambawan, wicked hangover) and finally 11 year Waka.

Having struggled with chronic pain the past 15 years and pretty much having come to the conclusion that I will be dependent on pain medication for some time yet to come, the problem with pain meds for me is that they cause my anxiety levels to rocket and I have been in a vicious cycle of pain, treat the pain, anxiety gets worse, anxiety makes pain worse and so on.

Having also been through several years of withdrawals from Valium, (wanted to stop and my VA doctor told me to just stop taking them, yeah, didn't work out too well doc!), I'm very leary of trying benzos again for the relief I so desperately need because of the hell they caused on my life 1st time around.

I cannot express how disenchanted I've been when reading here of how well kava works for others, then not for me, that I'd pretty much given up!

All things being equal, desperate times calls for desperate measures and last week I found myself losing my grip on reality because of the intense cranial muscle tension I've been living with on and off 15 years so I took Bula Kava House up on their email marketing.

If tomorrow when I wake up and I feel good, I will know for sure I've finally found the answer to my problems, and now know that the kava connoisseurs on these pages are not full of it! Lol.

One question though, how much do batch's of kava retain their method of action year after year and can I count on this strain from now on, or should I stock up?
In my experience kavas retain pretty much the same strength it was when you bought it for about 6 months. After that, it's still good to drink for a couple of years, but the more pronounced flavours mellow out, which might be a good or a bad thing for people, depending. My heuristic is stored properly keeps for 2 years, but best to use within a few months. ymmv

Thuja

Kava Curious
Using it before it loses its intrinsic properties isn't a problem, it will vanish long before then, my question is; does a root crop vary season to season or are these things I like about this specific kava archetypical for this strain? If not I should probably stock up now.

Chillbert

Kava Curious
Conventional wisdom on this forum is when you find a strain/batch that really resonates, stock up. Like all plants, kava can vary from batch to batch.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner

Glad it's working out for you. That kava stays pretty consistent but it will vary batch to batch a little bit. Thanks for the praise of our root. If you have a few minutes sometime, reviews here or at bulakavahouse.com are much appreciated.

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist

Have you tried full spectrum CBD? it can relieve pain and also mitragina speciosa can help too. Good luck!!