What's new

No kava for me :(

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I’ve been battling what I thought was the flu for over a week. Went to the docs today to be told I have walking pneumonia. Kava is being stored for the duration of this one until the antibiotics are done.

I’m an idiot. I let this thing get me to temps of 104.2 thinking it was the flu.

I hope everyone is doing and feeling well.

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
Get well Kapm! Doesn't sound like a fun way to start the year.
An encouragement: I was off kava for a couple weeks until this evening, and the first session back is extremely euphoric and powerful. Kavatom is right!

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I’ve been battling what I thought was the flu for over a week. Went to the docs today to be told I have walking pneumonia. Kava is being stored for the duration of this one until the antibiotics are done.

I’m an idiot. I let this thing get me to temps of 104.2 thinking it was the flu.

That is no fun whatsoever. Here is hoping you recover quickly and get well soon.

Nickavalas Turtle

Kava Curious
Sorry to hear about everyone having a rough year so far. As hard as it can be; we have to put things into perspective. We have it so good. There are so many people that have no freedoms, food, housing, etc. I’ve been listening to BBC news a ton the past couple of weeks to get more of a global perspective compared to the news in the US. This planet is a mess. We are blessed to have what we have. Have a great weekend everyone! Bula!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
My year also started off shitty. I had a flu (without the fever) and then slipped and fell down a flight of icy stairs. My life flashed before my eyes, but I must have fallen just right and walked away with bruises and whiplash. I still feel like I got hit by a train though. I'll throw back three or four tanoas in your honor, Kapm!
not your time, KavaSir! I'll join you in downing a few shells for the good captain

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector

Take it easy and get well soon but prepare for the possibility that total recovery can take awhile. That is true, at least, for Pneumonia. I am not certain what the difference is in Walking Pneumonia. Rest and frequent napping may become the norm for a few weeks or month. In 2018 (for the 1st time in my life) I had Flu/Broncitis/Pneumonia- one after the other. Long time recovering and now I (also 1st time) got the vaccines!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Thank you everyone. Still fighting. Was running 102 last night. I’ve had a conversation with the wife and parents and Monday is doctor #2 day. These antibiotics are killer too. Nothing like dry heaving, a chest full of congestion and a 102 temp. It’s gotten old really fast. I’m at day 10 now.

TheKavaFlow

Kava Podcaster
Thank you everyone. Still fighting. Was running 102 last night. I’ve had a conversation with the wife and parents and Monday is doctor #2 day. These antibiotics are killer too. Nothing like dry heaving, a chest full of congestion and a 102 temp. It’s gotten old really fast. I’m at day 10 now.
Oof. No bueno, amigo. Hope you get better super, super quickly.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor

Please get better soon. Take good care of yourself till you get better. Aloha Nui Loa.

Chris

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Well they’re laying on the barrage of viral tests. They think it’s likely a rarer viral pneumonia. They’re saying it’s much worse than the flu and I can fully attest to that. No shells in the hospital room unfortunately.