What's new

Am I a Aluball cannibal?

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I have had I think 2 break... however it was my fault both times. ( too little water, too hard of a shake)
Otherwise it has been wonderfully durable and through only using the aluball I actually no longer have any dermo... and my acne is actually coming back. So I'm kind of torn as to whether to start doing traditional prep again (the dermo actually took away my acne on face and back)

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
My balls are in very good shape and they last a very long time. Using a plastic bag when you seal the top makes a huge difference in not ruining your balls, IMO. Also, they can be repaired and the repaired ones can last a very long time.
Can you explain what you mean by the plastic bag?

Mine get tears in the metal mesh in the corners so it always makes my grog thick.

Last edited:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Can you explain what you mean by the plastic bag?

Mine get tears in the metal mesh in the corners so it always makes my grog thick.
Just a cheap plastic sandwich baggie. You place it across the top of the bottle or jar and then screw the lid on. It is done to make a perfect deal to avoid leakage while shaking but it will also protect the balls from impact hitting the hard lid, instead it hits soft slightly yielding plastic bag. Angle the bottle by pointing the tip down about 15 degrees when shaking bottles minimizes impact on the balls.

listentothekava

Chief of Grog
I’ve only had one window on one ball tear so far out of the 3 years I’ve had em. And I only have 4 balls. And that’s because I purchased more bottles. I only use Aluball method. And I’m constantly shaking up a new batch. In my honest opinion, I think the aluball is VERY durable for an everyday user. You might be over filling them?
I have Aluballs up to the roof because I keep getting tears in the metal and that fill my bottle with an unpleasant thickness as the root leaks in that I'm trying to avoid. What am I doing to these poor balls?