What's new

I Love Kava Friday Kava Love Friday

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Well I did enjoy my Aluballs earlier today. I have been pushing the limits and loading 20 grams of various Kava roots per ball.

I do one good shake with 350ml warm water. Set aside. Some-time afterwards haha, I prepare a second 20 gram Aluball with a different cultivar usually.

So today, I mixed 12 grams Gourmet Hawaian M'oi with 12 grams KSocietynz Melo Melo. Very nice. I then had two 20 gram once washed Aluballs.

20 grams Kelai in the other from last night. So I now dpuble ball them, in warmer water, 300 to 350 ml.

I turn the Aluball upside down for times while I shake, to reach the top ball equally.

This way, I get the intial strong 20 gram wash of a given cultivar, followed again with variety next ball, and a third equally potent glass full from the combined second wash.

It spreads it out really nicely and evenly. Otherwise, I find that 2nd wash single Aluballs can be a bit watery and diluted for me liking.

I was previously doing a through double wash and mixing both together.

But I like this method best, of starting fresh twice, then dpuble balling the 2nd wash for 3 very nice, strong glasses.

Sorry guys...so off point.

So after 20 grams one wash (12 grams M'oi, 8 grams Melo, and 2nd double wash with 20 gram Kelai ball from last night...) which is effectively a 40 gram consumption for me...

I added a one wash glass of 20 grams mix of Kavatime Gourmet Savusavu (12 grams, really potent stuff I find) and a lighter Fijiian Savusavu (8 grams).

So really nice mix of kava to help keep my extreme anxiety and depression in check, until I can access some desperately needed treatments like chiropractic and acupuncture for multiple health conditions and pain.

The Kava is really helping me by by enabling me to get elevated and content and comfortable everyday.

I since had a few doses of various Instant Kavas, to perk me up. It works haha!

I typically save the instant for spontaneous top-ups when my buzz has levelled hours later. I start with root always.

Last edited:

Nickavalas Turtle

Kava Curious
Still hanging in there. Funny how you start to see people’s odd character behaviors being locked down with them. Now everyone is as crazy as I am or maybe they always were. Or maybe we are all “normal” and acting exactly as we should. Feel sorry them that they’re all stuck in here with me and can’t escape lol. ::hugsmiley::

Anyways....

Hope everyone is safe and healthy.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Bula! ::chugger::

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
Its a good friday for sure, got several packages in the mail today and was only expecting one. makes up for last weekend when i was basically kavaless. Now im taste testing each one like its fine wine. if its a rainy weekend its a good time to enjoy some top notch kava.
Usually when i have kava im out of groceries and when i have groceries im out of kava. Its finally good timing where i have groceries caffeine and kava. gotta appreciate that

MikeNMissy

Kava Curious
Well I did enjoy my Aluballs earlier today. I have been pushing the limits and loading 20 grams of various Kava roots per ball.

I do one good shake with 350ml warm water. Set aside. Some-time afterwards haha, I prepare a second 20 gram Aluball with a different cultivar usually.

So today, I mixed 12 grams Gourmet Hawaian M'oi with 12 grams KSocietynz Melo Melo. Very nice. I then had two 20 gram once washed Aluballs.

20 grams Kelai in the other from last night. So I now dpuble ball them, in warmer water, 300 to 350 ml.

I turn the Aluball upside down for times while I shake, to reach the top ball equally.

This way, I get the intial strong 20 gram wash of a given cultivar, followed again with variety next ball, and a third equally potent glass full from the combined second wash.

It spreads it out really nicely and evenly. Otherwise, I find that 2nd wash single Aluballs can be a bit watery and diluted for me liking.

I was previously doing a through double wash and mixing both together.

But I like this method best, of starting fresh twice, then dpuble balling the 2nd wash for 3 very nice, strong glasses.

Sorry guys...so off point.

So after 20 grams one wash (12 grams M'oi, 8 grams Melo, and 2nd double wash with 20 gram Kelai ball from last night...) which is effectively a 40 gram consumption for me...

I added a one wash glass of 20 grams mix of Kavatime Gourmet Savusavu (12 grams, really potent stuff I find) and a lighter Fijiian Savusavu (8 grams).

So really nice mix of kava to help keep my extreme anxiety and depression in check, until I can access some desperately needed treatments like chiropractic and acupuncture for multiple health conditions and pain.

The Kava is really helping me by by enabling me to get elevated and content and comfortable everyday.

I since had a few doses of various Instant Kavas, to perk my up. It works haha!

I typically save the instant for spontaneous top-ups when my buzz has levelled hours later. I start with root always.
Dam you in yer funky measurements... I NEED THAT RECIPE IN TEASPOONS PLEASE!!!
Hah! Bula my bruddah!!!

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Solomon again tonight, followed by by probably some tongan and finish it off with some boronguru.

Bulu peeps
Is that from Nakamalathome? I have ordered a kg of it, never tried it though yet I am hoping it will be enjoyable. Also some WoW, some Fire Island Instant, and a sample of Stone.

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
Is that from Nakamalathome? I have ordered a kg of it, never tried it though yet I am hoping it will be enjoyable. Also some WoW, some Fire Island Instant, and a sample of Stone.
wow and stone are fantastic. wow feels uplifting and euphoric.
stone feels like you become one with whatever your sitting on.
one interesting point though, ( I can only speak for this kava) do a cold water extraction, i tried a hot water extraction and got little to no effects whatsoever.

IloveKava23

Kava Curious
Sipping on a cup of savusavu, then going in for some stone. Also have some ambea's and ra's finest on the way from kavatime they just did a big restock so cant wait to try these out!

Had a cup of kavanana from kavatime and it was quite delicious. Been a good kava drinking weekend. Bula friends!

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
Sipping on a cup of savusavu, then going in for some stone. Also have some ambea's and ra's finest on the way from kavatime they just did a big restock so cant wait to try these out!

Had a cup of kavanana from kavatime and it was quite delicious. Been a good kava drinking weekend. Bula friends!
try doing a hot water and cold water extraction with the stone.