What's new

Possum ate my kava and got krunk?

PurimGrogger

Because "Shell Silverstein" was already taken
Not a joke. More wild animals are out and about these days as we remain at home due to the virus. A raccoon and a possum got into our garbage and compost stored next to my house here in the Bronx. The raccoon ran when I discovered it. The next day I found a possum asleep there. He/she slept in that same position for about 36 hrs., not even waking when I would bang or move the bin, before finally waking and walking off after I gently titled the bin horizontally on its side. I realize I had a whole bunch of makas in there from many a shell... So I have reason to believe this possum got seriously rooted and and got one serious case of couch lock - if by couch, of course, I mean a nice comfy chewed-through garbage bag. Bula, Mr Possum. Go tell your friends about this healthy root. Actually don't..

Obviously, I wouldn't be joking if this appeared to harm the animal, or worse. But he/she seemed to be ok, and I am assuming it will be looking for other trashy neighborhood nakamals this evening.

If you are some sort of zoologist or animal expert who has another explanation for the 36 hr nap, please don't disabuse me of the notion that I have encountered the legendary Makas Marsupial.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
:) You basically observed the same thing the ancient islanders observed, which lead to the human consumption of kava.
In the most realistic version of the origins of kava consumption, it's said that humans observed rats chewing on kava root, going into a stupor, appearing to be dead and eventually getting up and walking away as if nothing ever happened. ...then we gave it a go.::KavaChug::
cosby32.png

(other origin stories include kava plants growing out of vaginas or the carcass of a dead loved one.)

PurimGrogger

Because "Shell Silverstein" was already taken
:) You basically observed the same thing the ancient islanders observed, which lead to the human consumption of kava.
In the most realistic version of the origins of kava consumption, it's said that humans observed rats chewing on kava root, going into a stupor, appearing to be dead and eventually getting up and walking away as if nothing ever happened. ...then we gave it a go.::KavaChug::
(other origin stories include kava plants growing out of vaginas or the carcass of a dead loved one.)
This reply is A+. 5 possums

Tumarumaru

Gunga la Gunga
We have Raccoons and Possums in our back yard as well. Maybe tonight we'll put out our grinds and see what happens!!