What's new

Could there be correlation between kava and RLS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Don't know if anyone here is real familiar with RLS, or Restless Leg Syndrome. But after using kava for a while, I started getting severe symptoms of it, and on a chronic basis.
I did some reading and dehydration can be a cause of it. And that made sense since Kava is known to dehydrate.
Another correlation I made is that the RLS symptoms got worse, right after drinking kava.
I'm sure some people will suggest for me to drink water, but I have tried water, as well as coconut water, and bananas for potassium, and electrolyte supplements to rehydrate.
But those havn't helped very much.
I drink as much water as I can, but I get a 'bloated' feeling after drinking more than a glass at a time.
I'm just curious if anyone has experienced the RLS, or has any suggestions.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Don't know if anyone here is real familiar with RLS, or Restless Leg Syndrome. But after using kava for a while, I started getting severe symptoms of it, and on a chronic basis.
I did some reading and dehydration can be a cause of it. And that made sense since Kava is known to dehydrate.
Another correlation I made is that the RLS symptoms got worse, right after drinking kava.
I'm sure some people will suggest for me to drink water, but I have tried water, as well as coconut water, and bananas for potassium, and electrolyte supplements to rehydrate.
But those havn't helped very much.
I drink as much water as I can, but I get a 'bloated' feeling after drinking more than a glass at a time.
I'm just curious if anyone has experienced the RLS, or has any suggestions.
That's a strange one. Sorry it took us so long to get back to you.

I've definitely had RLS in the past with my experiences with different substances (bad decisions). I haven't found kava making them worse, however when a kava is extremely high in kavain it can almost act as a stimulant. This could be what's causing your RLS. You may need a heavier kava type.

Krunked up Tong

Kava Enthusiast
Magnesium is meant to be fantastic for RLS FYI.

I know you wanted to know about a link between Kava and RLS but I don't have an answer for that, unfortunately.

tutti196

Kava Curious
I‘m only drinking Heavy kava, nene wow Stone and I geht RLS every time at the moment and in seems to me kava is Lowering Dopamin but other will state its wrong but after kava when I have rls and drink something with l-dopa it goes away so for me and I know other people that have the same problem or even worse get syntoms like pakinson

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
I‘m only drinking Heavy kava, nene wow Stone and I geht RLS every time at the moment and in seems to me kava is Lowering Dopamin but other will state its wrong but after kava when I have rls and drink something with l-dopa it goes away so for me and I know other people that have the same problem or even worse get syntoms like pakinson
Can you suggest any particular dopamine product ?

Status
Not open for further replies.