What's new

Fear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackice71

Kava Curious
Hi friends. I have been a rather heavy alcohol drinker for some 25 years. I am also a cancer patient with anxiety disorder. I am in no Cancer drugs right now, just on survalliance. I have now gone 5 days without alcohol, using kava from Kalm. I am afraid of it impacting my liver. Can anyone help point me to the truth? Should I just stay with the "devil I know" alcohol? Thanks.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hi friends. I have been a rather heavy alcohol drinker for some 25 years. I am also a cancer patient with anxiety disorder. I am in no Cancer drugs right now, just on survalliance. I have now gone 5 days without alcohol, using kava from Kalm. I am afraid of it impacting my liver. Can anyone help point me to the truth? Should I just stay with the "devil I know" alcohol? Thanks.
Nooo!!! Even if kava were somehow impactful to the liver (which it isn't) kava doesn't hold a candle to the flame of alcohol. Alcohol is physically tough to process, the metabolites are toxic and it's just a step down from kava no matter how you slice it.

Forgot to mention...I am on Prozac and anafranil for depression/anxiety.
Just mention to your doctor the next time that you drink kava. If anything they may lower your dosages of those other two medicines if they think there's an issue.

Blackice71

Kava Curious
Nooo!!! Even if kava were somehow impactful to the liver (which it isn't) kava doesn't hold a candle to the flame of alcohol. Alcohol is physically tough to process, the metabolites are toxic and it's just a step down from kava no matter how you slice it.

Just mention to your doctor the next time that you drink kava. If anything they may lower your dosages of those other two medicines if they think there's an issue.
Thank you

ThatDankK

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿
Thank you
I use to be on a slew of antidepressants and anxiety reducers like zoloft, Prozac, buprenorphine, wellbutrin, just to name a few.. Kava is what helped me get off of those, amongst other things. I use medium grind and prep it the traditional way, and I have almost no problems with my persistive depressive disorder as well as my panic disorder. I have also been able to stop drinking and don't really have much temptation to hit the bottle anymore, its a wonderful freedom my friend.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
As long as you don't mix kava and alcohol heavily, you should be fine. As others have said, the harm of alcohol to the liver is exponentially more than that of kava. Kava's potential negative appears to be that it can increase the harm of OTHER substances that are toxic to the liver. Another example would be acetaminophen, which seems to become more toxic when combined with kava.

Status
Not open for further replies.