What's new

Kava Society NZ Kelai single cultivar

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I am on this exact cultivar right now as it happens. Both my aluballs have broke, mesh tears. I was always reserved about double balling, I instinctively felt there was more chance of wear and tear on the balls that way. I ordered some more from the company and they specifically said to me it's best to use one ball at a time only to reduce wear and tear.

So tonight, I put 25 grams Kelai into a strainer bag with sunflower lecithin, in glass jar shake, double wash in 600ml water.

This method is actually noticeably more potent than the Aluballs, but also causes more nausea effects I believe because it's simply let's through much more sediment, or 'lactones basically.

However, that was using NZ Henry's strainer bag. I also got a strainer bag from Kalmwithkava. In contrast, it is much whiter, barely transparent at all, so Im guessing is finer micron, and less likely to be nauseating.

The Kelai is pretty strong in effects. Right up there for ne with WoW, M'oi, KT Gourmet Savusavu.

Very heady, also a little dizzifying too, and very fast acting.

I think I prefer the Palarasul slightly.
Like the KWK Pouni Ono too. So refreshing that one and really not heavy at all.

Mo'iety

Kava Enthusiast
Mine arrived today! Running on a bit low sleep today so I'm not in the mood for a super heady kava, but I'll definitely try it tomorrow. Palarasul is great. Depending on how I like the Kelai I might have to go stock up with another kilo of that or Palarasul. It's by far the most pleasant-tasting kava I've had.

Anyone tried both the Palarasul and Pacific Elixir? How does Pacific Elixir compare?

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Mine arrived today! Running on a bit low sleep today so I'm not in the mood for a super heady kava, but I'll definitely try it tomorrow. Palarasul is great. Depending on how I like the Kelai I might have to go stock up with another kilo of that or Palarasul. It's by far the most pleasant-tasting kava I've had.

Anyone tried both the Palarasul and Pacific Elixir? How does Pacific Elixir compare?
I do really like the Palarasul actually. It has an instant, uplifting antidepressant effect for me.

The Kelai can be almost slightly aggressive with it's headiness, your vision will be affected on a sufficient dose.
The Palarasul does not seem to alter my faculties as much, and is far more gentle on my emotions too.

I'm not knocking the Kelai at all. It's clearly loved. I don't like the drink so much though, and it does give me some nausea.

Very strong though, the Kelai. 3 shells of my 25 gram double Bag wash earlier- about 50 % of it....it was wrecking me.

So I switched to N@H WoW. One 20 gram Aluball, 400ml, tipped through strainer.

The WoW was lovely- both uplifting and settling. I vaped some Cannabis, and finally had 2 more shells of the Kelai. I left one, not needed haha.

I like to mix and match, be it organic sun grown weed strains, Kava etc.

So anyway, @Mo'iety your question. I tried the Pacific Elixir too. I prefer the Kelai. The Pacific was a bit sedating for me personally. Not as uplifting and energizing.

But I have long-term lyme disease and chronic fattigue and sleep deprivation so I limits the heavier kavas for this reason, and I also seek the most euphoric uplifting and antidepressant effects.

But others love the Pacific Elixir. Def try Kelai first. And we kniw Palarasul is lovely. No edge at all for a very heady kava.

Last edited:

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Tracking updated and it will be here tomorrow! I'm very eager!
It's very nice. So effective mentally, which I like vs more sedation and less mental alertness and euphoria. The Kelai is really buzzy too, in a good, non-anxiety inducing way.

More balanced than GHK M'oi and KWK Pouni Ono also as a reference

I hope you like it, would be great to hear your impressions in a line or two. Enjoy!!

Blue Roads

Kava Enthusiast
Mine has arrived today and I had to drive a little ways after work to run an errand so I have been waiting a few hours to do this.

Blue Roads

Kava Enthusiast
Very smooth sedating effects. I feel a good mellowness. I was feeling a little off all day, stuff was bugging me easily, and this kava takes that away. It's not a super strong sedation so far. Just smooth and mellow. Strong, but not "have to stay seated for a while" strong. It doesn't affect my stomach at all either, I noticed. Very nice.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Very smooth sedating effects. I feel a good mellowness. I was feeling a little off all day, stuff was bugging me easily, and this kava takes that away. It's not a super strong sedation so far. Just smooth and mellow. Strong, but not "have to stay seated for a while" strong. It doesn't affect my stomach at all either, I noticed. Very nice.
Yes I think it is definitely more balanced vs certain, purely heady Kavas like Palarasul, KWK Pouni Ono and GHK M'oi, for example.

But like you say, not significantly sedating or or lethargic. More like an instant mental euphoric and Rushey pickup and mood lift but with a nice level of physical relaxation and calmness at the same time.

I def wish to order some more. I'm just trying to be patient and pin down exactly what I really like and prefer at the moment before making my next choice of cultivar.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I have 500g of this and the paralasul coming. Will update when I get around to trying.
Good on you mate. I have realised lately, with lots of recent Kelai hubb and buzz- just how much I love that really instant, refreshing kavain feeling of the Kelai in particular.

I really can't wait to get some more kelai. Enjoy mate bring reports!

Just 3 Aluballs this eve-
15 grams Bestfijikava AAA Lawena
13 grams TKR Tongan Family Reserve (pretty strong actually)
And 13 grams N@H WoW.

Double wash each ball in about 560ml total.

My favourite time to enjoy the wow is after some really heady Kavas, it instantly eases me down into pure and lasting relaxation.

Last edited:

krunkgod

Kava Enthusiast
Good on you mate. I have realised lately, with lots of recent Kelai hubb and buzz- just how much I love that really instant, refreshing kavain feeling of the Kelai in particular.

I really can't wait to get some more kelai. Enjoy mate bring reports!

Just 3 Aluballs this eve-
15 grams Bestfijikava AAA Lawena
13 grams TKR Tongan Family Reserve (pretty strong actually)
And 13 grams N@H WoW.

Double wash each ball in about 560ml total.

My favourite time to enjoy the wow is after some really heady Kavas, it instantly eases me down into pure and lasting relaxation.
Is the kelai anxiety inducing at all? I've gotten weirdly stimulating anxiety from some Fijian kavas.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Is the kelai anxiety inducing at all? I've gotten weirdly stimulating anxiety from some Fijian kavas.
Hi, I can answer this, and it is a very good question.

I can relate to what you say about certain heady cultivars and anxiety inducement.

I have the most extreme anxiety condition personally, which is directly related to varying and uncontrollable levels of physical illness, pain and sufferring.

I certainly feel a difference between different heady kavas.

GHK M'oi can be quite anxiety inducing for me.
Also the bestfiji AAA Lawena.

But KT gourmet Savusavu not at all, quite the opposite and very mentally calming.

Recently I have really been appteciating WoW kava for it's anxiolytic properties, without being too sedating.

But the Kelai, I do not have any anxiety inducement problems at all. Quite the opposite. The mental effects of the Kelai are fast, as any kava I have tried.

It instantly raises my mood, cheers me up. It is particularly good for social anxiety.

I especially love the pure, high kavain euphoria.

I would say that Kelai is a very good heady kava which doesn't induce anxiety like some others can.

I actually get more anxiety inducement from the Palarasul, in comparison, which is allegedly more balanced.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder

I can relate to what you say about certain heady cultivars and anxiety inducement.

I have the most extreme anxiety condition personally, which is directly related to varying and uncontrollable levels of physical illness, pain and sufferring.

But KT gourmet Savusavu not at all, quite the opposite and very mentally calming.

Recently I have really been appteciating WoW kava for it's anxiolytic properties, without being too sedating.

But the Kelai, I do not have any anxiety inducement problems at all. Quite the opposite. The mental effects of the Kelai are fast, as any kava I have tried.

It instantly raises my mood, cheers me up. It is particularly good for social anxiety.

I would say that Kelai is a very good heady kava which doesn't induce anxiety like some others can.

I actually get more anxiety inducement from the Palarasul, in comparison, which is allegedly more balanced.
I agree as well. The Kelai doesn't seem to produce that buzzing underlying feeling of anxiety that some heady kavas seem to cause.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I agree as well. The Kelai doesn't seem to produce that buzzing underlying feeling of anxiety that some heady kavas seem to cause.
Hello, thanks for adding that assurance. I really like the Kelai. It seems to be picking up acclaim and drawing attention lately.

I feel it has been one of the more underrated kavas out there.

But interestingly about it, for all it's light, heady euphoria, it has a sort of sedative, mellow feel to it as well.

Damn you guys have all got me itching fir some more Kelai asap lol!

Halibut_Acid

Krunkadelic

I have exactly the same experience with kelai vs palarasul. 0 anxiety from Kelai but sometimes from palarasul. I love them both but have to be careful with the latter. Maybe I should try some of this KT savusavu