What's new

Update to how we add products to the site- Batch Numbers

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
Bula!

Because of kavas character variations between harvest to harvest / batch to batch, we're going to start labeling the products with batch numbers and posting the batches on the product page as well as the rest of the info. Because we do our best to know our farmers, we should be able to trace each bag back to its portion of the field it was plucked. This will be invaluable data on your side and ours. We're identifying cultivars and which mixtures or individual ones make the best kava for x use. The kava culture in Fiji is great but as far as identifying cultivars and purposeful planting, it isn't quite up to this standard. This is a simple move to get us there a bit faster. It will benefit you like the year on a bottle of wine does. Some batches might be enjoyed quickly and some might be savored for their quality and potency.

Since day one I've always liked to include all of you on some decision making here at AOK HQ, so I do have one question for you. Do you like Batch 1 or Harvest 1 better?

Thanks as always for your support!

Zac H.

Edit: also, if you have an order that is coming, this batch info might not be listed. If its a preorder for koro, its batch 2. if its kadavu its still batch 1.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Bula!

Because of kavas character variations between harvest to harvest / batch to batch, we're going to start labeling the products with batch numbers and posting the batches on the product page as well as the rest of the info. Because we do our best to know our farmers, we should be able to trace each bag back to its portion of the field it was plucked. This will be invaluable data on your side and ours. We're identifying cultivars and which mixtures or individual ones make the best kava for x use. The kava culture in Fiji is great but as far as identifying cultivars and purposeful planting, it isn't quite up to this standard. This is a simple move to get us there a bit faster. It will benefit you like the year on a bottle of wine does. Some batches might be enjoyed quickly and some might be savored for their quality and potency.

Since day one I've always liked to include all of you on some decision making here at AOK HQ, so I do have one question for you. Do you like Batch 1 or Harvest 1 better?

Thanks as always for your support!

Zac H.

Edit: also, if you have an order that is coming, this batch info might not be listed. If its a preorder for koro, its batch 2. if its kadavu its still batch 1.
That is fantastic! You're building your foundation on some solid rock. That seriously helps us understand further details about your kava that we usually would just have to guess at. Thank you for that!

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Bula!

I really wish we had that information from all the vendors, so that reviews would be more accurate, I am happy to see you are doing that and to echo Jimmy, super solid foundation.

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
I really wish we had that information from all the vendors, so that reviews would be more accurate, I am happy to see you are doing that and to echo Jimmy, super solid foundation.
Thanks a lot for that. If anyone ever has any ideas on how we can improve our labeling, etc to provide more transparency and product data to make a more informed decision I am *always* interested. We might not always be able to right away but it gives us solid goals to work towards to advance this industry.