What's new

Question about Art of Kava Lab Results

Ultra Sunrise

Kava Curious
I've been outta the loop, and recently checked back in. I had stock piled a bunch of kavatime's Koro when covid started, and really love it. I'm sorry to hear about them shutting down. I discovered Art of Kava is out there with Koro and Kadavu, but I noticed their lab results are by Wonderland Labs, which is owned by the same guy with all of the questionable Kava sites. I was wondering if that had been addressed by the community or not.
I know there has been a ton of controversy about the kava.com owner, so I tend to shy away from stuff he's involved in. I like to give vendors a chance, so I figured I would ask.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I've been outta the loop, and recently checked back in. I had stock piled a bunch of kavatime's Koro when covid started, and really love it. I'm sorry to hear about them shutting down. I discovered Art of Kava is out there with Koro and Kadavu, but I noticed their lab results are by Wonderland Labs, which is owned by the same guy with all of the questionable Kava sites. I was wondering if that had been addressed by the community or not.
I know there has been a ton of controversy about the kava.com owner, so I tend to shy away from stuff he's involved in. I like to give vendors a chance, so I figured I would ask.
I cannot comment on that with any knowledge or authority. But what I can tell you is I have tried and still frequently am drinking @Artofkava 's kava and it is of the highest quality. I fully beleive the 14.76% kavalactone result on the previous batch of Koro I got.

I think current Koro batch is 13.53% or something close, but it's spltting hairs in terms of noticeable potency.

Regardless, high qaulity, clean organic kavas supplied by a lovely caring guy.

Absolutely nothing to be dubious or apprehensive about in that respect anyway.

Last edited:

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I'll second that, the Art of Kava stuff is really good.
I'm pleased to hear you have enjoyed it Edward. I've burned to ask, as hearing your generals views on kava, and specific cultivars, is always extremely interesting and entertaining to me, and always helps me fill gaps, knit things together, cement things etc.

Have you only tried the Koro so far, or their Kadavu as well? I am yet to open my Kadavu to try, just finished Kavadepot Kadavu and the Koro is on hand.

But I did open that special 2nd Ib of Kavatime Savusavu yesterday. Wow, I never appreciated how heady it actually is back in February.

It feels like the headiest kava I have tried all year. So strong as well, really "buzzy".

I just halved it with WoW for some tempering lol.

Best New Year wishes Edward.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Awhile back there was some discussion about how "independent" the lab is when the owner is testing a kava that he is also distributing. It seemed to be a conflict of interest. It was also at a time where there was a very strong feeling that every kava needed to be accurately tested for scary trace amounts of that non-noble kava that could take down the whole industry with one bad user experience . That said, to date, I don't know of anyone that has shown that their testing was incorrect. In this case the owner of Art of Kava appears to not be connected in any way to wonderland labs. So I don't see any conflict of interest. If anything they have a anti-conflict of interest (if that is a thing...) A thread on that is linked below.

I would also say that I have tried Art of Kava and have no doubt its potency. Both kavas are kick ass.

Ultra Sunrise

Kava Curious
@Zaphod thanks for the feedback. I wasn't able to get to the link you shared though.

These kind of threads are what I was alluding to.
I've seen them on this forum and on the kava subreddit regarding Kona Kava/Wonderland. Where it was more than trace amounts of tudei/adulteration but a larger disregard of quality standards by selling Kava that wasn't noble/good quality at all.

I did just check r/kava and it looks like Art of Kava is listed as a great vendor, which is a good sign.
I do hope that they consider testing with a less controversial lab in the future.

Last edited:

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
@Zaphod thanks for the feedback. I wasn't able to get to the link you shared though.

I've seen them on this forum and on the kava subreddit regarding Kona Kava/Wonderland. Where it was more than trace amounts of tudei/adulteration but a larger disregard for selling Kava that wasn't noble/good quality at all.

I did just check r/kava and it looks like Art of Kava is listed as a great vendor, which is a good sign.
I do hope that they consider testing with a less controversial lab in the future.

They are indeed a great vendor, as in supply fantastic high quality Kavas which they go well out of their way to source and ensure are up to the highest level, from the strong impression I gather at least, and they rightly deserve high acclaim, as do so many other reliable, dedicated, authentic vendors, many of whom participate on this forum.

I try to support the entire industry, where merrited.

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor

I've seen them on this forum and on the kava subreddit regarding Kona Kava/Wonderland. Where it was more than trace amounts of tudei/adulteration but a larger disregard of quality standards by selling Kava that wasn't noble/good quality at all.

Hey guys :) Thanks for all the info. And thank you so much for the kind words as to the quality of our kava.

Im a big fan of full disclosure so here are the answers to the above:

I chose wonderland labs because they were up front with their costing. They are one of two vendors I found that were cost effective for smaller batches.

I started the company late 2019 and started selling in October. Im a tea guy and own drinkteaa.com as well. I fell in love with kava and it was a simple (as far as i knew at the time haha) fit to start AoK. Anyway, so as far as industry contacts, the only ones I have live in Fiji, other Sp island countries, and you at kavaforums/kava lounge, r/kava on reddit. Which at the end of the day are the only groups that matter customers and suppliers.

My goal is and always will be to find the best kava i can and put it out there to yall. Im largely oblivious to controversies that happened before I started the business and love to get as much info about current ones so I can steer the company in the opposite direction. I have no problem using other lab testing sites. I have another I want to try thats cost effective and comes highly recommended. I hope to find more that can do what we need here in the states so we can keep our testing in front of fresh eyes.

I hope this answers some of your questions!

If you need anything else Im here and happy new year yall!

Zac H.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Hey guys :) Thanks for all the info. And thank you so much for the kind words as to the quality of our kava.

I chose wonderland labs because they were up front with their costing. They are one of two vendors I found that were cost effective for smaller batches.

I started the company late 2019 and started selling in October. Im a tea guy and own drinkteaa.com as well. I fell in love with kava and it was a simple (as far as i knew at the time haha) fit to start AoK. Anyway, so as far as industry contacts, the only ones I have live in Fiji, other Sp island countries, and you at kavaforums/kava lounge, r/kava on reddit. Which at the end of the day are the only groups that matter customers and suppliers.

My goal is and always will be to find the best kava i can and put it out there to yall. Im largely oblivious to controversies that happened before I started the business and love to get as much info about current ones so I can steer the company in the opposite direction. I have no problem using other lab testing sites. I have another I want to try thats cost effective and comes highly recommended. I hope to find more that can do what we need here in the states so we can keep our testing in front of fresh eyes.

Zac H.
Hey Zac. Very warm NY wishes (I'm kind of avoiding the word Happy, this year, doesn't sit right with me, feels artificial- I wish everybody the absolutely happiest life possible always, including my (repenting) enemies lol no joke.)

But I aim always to be true and realistic. The rare, good person is truly happy in the current world. And what better motivation to strive ceaselessly for solution hey?

Sorry, wandering.

Thanks for typical full transparency in your above explanation. One of the things I, and I'm sure we, love about you Zac. So straight up.

Your kavas simply speak for themselves. No lab results or even product description would be required even, IMO, but you provide that anyway.

I mentioned to you in PM, about a potential product suggestion.

It was in relation to the brilliant Kavatime Gourmet Savusavu. A very heady one, strongblike the Koro but such a different effect profile.

Seeing how both Koro and Kadavu are heavies, I thought possible adding a mote heady, or leaning that way, cultivar to balance and complement your two Fijians, would be a worthy suggestion.

If it would be of equal high quality to your current Fijian's I think it would be a massive hit.

But you know what's possible and best of course and you will have my continued support.

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
Hey Zac. Very warm NY wishes (I'm kind of avoiding the word Happy, this year, doesn't sit right with me, feels artificial- I wish everybody the absolutely happiest life possible always, including my (repenting) enemies lol no joke.)

But I aim always to be true and realistic. The rare, good person is truly happy in the current world. And what better motivation to strive ceaselessly for solution hey?

Sorry, wandering.

Thanks for typical full transparency in your above explanation. One of the things I, and I'm sure we, love about you Zac. So straight up.

Your kavas simply speak for themselves. No lab results or even product description would be required even, IMO, but you provide that anyway.

I mentioned to you in PM, about a potential product suggestion.

It was in relation to the brilliant Kavatime Gourmet Savusavu. A very heady one, strongblike the Koro but such a different effect profile.

Seeing how both Koro and Kadavu are heavies, I thought possible adding a mote heady, or leaning that way, cultivar to balance and complement your two Fijians, would be a worthy suggestion.

If it would be of equal high quality to your current Fijian's I think it would be a massive hit.

But you know what's possible and best of course and you will have my continued support.
Yah! Its a great idea to add a heady one for sure. Im working on sourcing some now based on that note and some others as well. A nice same selection from Solomon Islands is on its way soon. Was working on a super interesting one from another fijian island but they were slammed pretty good with yasa. So thatll have to hold.

It takes a good amount of time tho to pick one thatll stand out. Not to mention make the kind of relationship we need to even get the kava here lol

The more I learn about kava and cultures the deeper the rabbit hole goes ;)

Ultra Sunrise

Kava Curious

Zac H.
Thank you for the candid response. I appreciate that you are taking the time to address concerns like this and your transparency. Kava has changed my life for the better. I appreciate the spiritual, cultural, and even scientific significance of this plant. However, there are people come along who are interested soley in profits without regard for the fact that it takes just one major problem getting into the media for the whole thing to be shut down in a country. Take the big vaping scandal in the US for instance. A lot of vendors and product users suffered, while the people who created the mess took profits and moved on. From my understanding, people like the owner of Wonderland labs fall into that category.
And there have been certain popular reviewers of kava that have glossed over that person's behavior and need for legit testing while pumping his product from Kona Kava farm and kava.com in the general community. I understand at the end of the day there is a certain amount of trust involved whether it's salad, coffee, or noble Kava, but it seems like Kava could really help a lot of people as long as it doesn't get put in the same basket as illicit or "seedy" substances.

Thank you again, and I look forward to giving your kava a try. I really love good Koro Island kava!