What's new

Dysphoria

M

mlenny

Do you ever experience dysphoria after even a low dose of kava? If so, how have you managed it?

Thanks,
Matthew

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor
It was 10 grams or so.

Feeling like this is pretty common with a lot of people..
Try cutting down the dosage even more.. Sometimes it could be the type of Kava strain you are taking as well.
Sometimes it could just be Kava itself.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
I usually use 18 grams per 4-5 cups of water so I'm surprised by the 10grams having this effect. How do you prep and which kava?

Aloha Kava

Aloha Kava Guy
Kava Vendor
Do you ever experience dysphoria after even a low dose of kava? If so, how have you managed it?

Thanks,
Matthew
In addition to what others have said, I find things like stress level, tiredness, set/setting, and the like can trigger a feeling like that. In particular I would say that being very tired and drinking kava can really push you to that point.

fueledbykava

Kava enthusiast
I've been experiencing dyspnea for almost a year now, and kava seems to be the only thing that relieves it (to be fair, I havent sought explicit help for this issue other than getting covid tested to be sure it wasn't that, to which they gave me the full work up, chest xray and whatnot). You're not, by chance, using a low quality kava or mixing it with alcohol/K@ though, right? Those substances can definitely cause dysphoria on the "down". I've never experienced this directly because of kava consumption.