What's new

How long is shipping from HI taking?

yardcat

Kava Lightweight
Hello, I know it’s been a while since I posted, family issues. Anyway, I can’t seem to get a response from Chris. I had a delivery that was supposed to be delivered last Monday and it’s still “in transit”. I‘m used to a day or two delay, no big deal, but this is getting absurd. Anyone else experiencing unacceptable delays out of HawaiI?

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
Hello, I know it’s been a while since I posted, family issues. Anyway, I can’t seem to get a response from Chris. I had a delivery that was supposed to be delivered last Monday and it’s still “in transit”. I‘m used to a day or two delay, no big deal, but this is getting absurd. Anyone else experiencing unacceptable delays out of HawaiI?
What does the tracking say?
Has it left hawaii?

yardcat

Kava Lightweight
It shows arrived Honolulu on the 9th but never a departure scan, just ‘in transit, arriving late’ since then.

Unfortunately, this is becoming more and more common lately due to issues with the US postal system. I used to get my kava from GHK in 4 days, but recently it's become slower. This is happening with other packages as well, so it's not a Hawaii-specific delay.

yardcat

Kava Lightweight
Unfortunately, this is becoming more and more common lately due to issues with the US postal system. I used to get my kava from GHK in 4 days, but recently it's become slower. This is happening with other packages as well, so it's not a Hawaii-specific delay.
Yep. Been ordering GHK for years and once it left Honolulu I would have it in 3 days. Lately it’s been 4 maybe 5. I’ve openEd inquiry with postal system but not holding my breath. I had messaged Chris several times asking about UPS or Fed-X options, not heard back, hell, I’d pay double the shipping at least for reliability if that option were available.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Yep. Been ordering GHK for years and once it left Honolulu I would have it in 3 days. Lately it’s been 4 maybe 5. I’ve openEd inquiry with postal system but not holding my breath. I had messaged Chris several times asking about UPS or Fed-X options, not heard back, hell, I’d pay double the shipping at least for reliability if that option were available.
I've mentioned before the willingness to pay for 2 day air since it takes forever for kava to get from Hawaii to New York. For me it takes 5-10 days lately. Needless to say, I order more from vendors that deliver within 2-3 days, which is most everybody else.

yardcat

Kava Lightweight
I've mentioned before the willingness to pay for 2 day air since it takes forever for kava to get from Hawaii to New York. For me it takes 5-10 days lately. Needless to say, I order more from vendors that deliver within 2-3 days, which is most everybody else.
I’m lucky, my main go to kava, Squanch (Joe) is about 50 miles from me as the crow flies. Still, what used to be almost always an overnight trip has lately taken upwards of 3 days, spending much of that wallowing in Richmond. But I like Chris’ instant, and his other varieties when available. I’m sure it will turn up someday.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi everyone, I am sorry that the post office is having problems with delivery times. I do not know why this is happening and I hope that it gets fixed soon. Right now priority mail is the only service I offer. I hope you all have a great day. Aloha nui loa.

Chris

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
I ordered on 3/14 from ghk and got my order yesterday on 3/22 in northern minnesota. In watching the shipping from this and other things from hawaii lately I know they don't always get scanned along the way, sometimes until it reaches your local post office. Hope your order arrives soon!

yardcat

Kava Lightweight
Alright! The eagle has landed. After circumnavigating the world 20 times, I’m pleased to report my instant Hiwa has arrived. It was in an outer clear plastic bag with an apology from postmaster over damaged package. Actually everything seems fine, the label barcode was faded, but contents are secure. The kava gods came through at last!