What's new

Binge drinking kava

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Something has changed in the last few months. I'm pretty sure it's to do with taking a high dose multivitamin. I'm cycling between Wellman and Centrum Men because the Wellman has ginseng and I don't want to be taking that all the time. If I don't take anything at all then I lose sexual function, I had a thread about it somewhere. With the multivitamins I'm ten times better. One side effect of that though is that I seem to be drinking a lot more kava. I used to get by with 30 to 50 grams depending on the kava. These days I can drink up to 120g and could probably go more. Do any of you hardheads out there take vitamins? In my head I'm trying to drink as much kava as I can without being (getting) sick. Does anyone else do this? It seems like addictive behaviour. At least it's with kava and not alcohol!

Jacob Bula

Nobody
Something has changed in the last few months. I'm pretty sure it's to do with taking a high dose multivitamin. I'm cycling between Wellman and Centrum Men because the Wellman has ginseng and I don't want to be taking that all the time. If I don't take anything at all then I lose sexual function, I had a thread about it somewhere. With the multivitamins I'm ten times better. One side effect of that though is that I seem to be drinking a lot more kava. I used to get by with 30 to 50 grams depending on the kava. These days I can drink up to 120g and could probably go more. Do any of you hardheads out there take vitamins? In my head I'm trying to drink as much kava as I can without being (getting) sick. Does anyone else do this? It seems like addictive behaviour. At least it's with kava and not alcohol!
If you think its addictive behavior then it probably is. If your happy with it then I wouldn't worry about it. If you aren't happy with it, then make steps to change it. That's what I'm doing at the moment. Been drinking too much kava-- and its not as enjoyable anymore, and yes-- I usually drink to the point of nausea.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
If you think its addictive behavior then it probably is. If your happy with it then I wouldn't worry about it. If you aren't happy with it, then make steps to change it. That's what I'm doing at the moment. Been drinking too much kava-- and its not as enjoyable anymore, and yes-- I usually drink to the point of nausea.
The one thing I really hate is getting sick. As long as I can avoid that then I'm actually ok with it. Other than that it's 02:04 here so probably time to go to bed but I'm feeling pretty good so...

Jacob Bula

Nobody
The one thing I really hate is getting sick. As long as I can avoid that then I'm actually ok with it. Other than that it's 02:04 here so probably time to go to bed but I'm feeling pretty good so...
I drank a lot of kava the other night, and wanted to walk my son to school early in the morning. I didn't have time to sleep it off. Only got a few hours of sleep and ended up getting sick on the way and throwing up in someone's yard. It made me feel pretty bad...

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I drank a lot of kava the other night, and wanted to walk my son to school early in the morning. I didn't have time to sleep it off. Only got a few hours of sleep and ended up getting sick on the way and throwing up in someone's yard. It made me feel pretty bad...
I've not got sick from it in 5 or 6 years of drinking. I think even though I am going for it a bit in my head I am limiting myself based on how I feel and experience. My last shell I drank half or two thirds but felt I'd had enough so took a break before I finished it. Like now I've had maybe 40 or 50 grams of Fire Island on top of the kava I had during the day. I feel like that's enough now so I'm going to sit for a bit and let the kava calm down some then drink some water before I go to bed.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I know what you mean about not having time to sleep it off. If I have a strong, heavy kava then I need a good 8 or 9 hours to feel completely ok the next morning. If I don't get that then I can feel pretty rough.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
I bet it's the B vitamins making you feel more stimulated then you want more kava. Yes B vitamins are water soluble but that doesn't mean we need to drown in them. If there are any vitamin manufacturers listening, please note this!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I bet it's the B vitamins making you feel more stimulated then you want more kava. Yes B vitamins are water soluble but that doesn't mean we need to drown in them. If there are any vitamin manufacturers listening, please note this!
I'm back on the Centrum which has only 100% RDA levels of B vitamins. The Wellman has much higher levels like 3000% of some. It seems I'm getting by on less kava for the moment. It could just be a situational thing too though, I just fancied more kava on those days, or felt the need for a strong feeling more for some reason?

faldho

Kava Curious
If you find out that the issue is with a certain ingredient then it is possible to get personalized multivitamins without it