What's new

Looking for a heavy affordable kava. Santa Cruz didn't really do it for me... for pain relief

SovereignMama

Kava Curious
I am new to kava. I've tried kavafied bati, which just made me nauseous. Then Santa Cruz, which is ok, but it's not giving me the effect I was hoping for. Is Santa Cruz considered heavy? I need pain relief and social lubrication/euphoria? Any suggestions? I didn't find Santa Cruz to be particularly pain relieving. Maybe an anxiety help but I really don't notice much from it? Probably me, but I'm curious if Santa Cruz isn't what I'm looking for and if it didn't work for others what did end up being a good fit? Also would prefer to not pay 60/lb either, that's a bit steep for me... Is it all that expensive? Thanks in advance

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I am new to kava. I've tried kavafied bati, which just made me nauseous. Then Santa Cruz, which is ok, but it's not giving me the effect I was hoping for. Is Santa Cruz considered heavy? I need pain relief and social lubrication/euphoria? Any suggestions? I didn't find Santa Cruz to be particularly pain relieving. Maybe an anxiety help but I really don't notice much from it? Probably me, but I'm curious if Santa Cruz isn't what I'm looking for and if it didn't work for others what did end up being a good fit? Also would prefer to not pay 60/lb either, that's a bit steep for me... Is it all that expensive? Thanks in advance
Wow didn't work huh? That's a bummer, I recommended the SC to you, hopefully you at least enjoyed it! :)

Vanuatu is the land of heavy hitters, anything from there could be real heavy, KWK Borongoru comes to mind and another Solomon Island kava I tried recently, I thought it was pretty strong, from Kava Depot. Nakamal at Home is quite potent as well, I believe WoW is what everyone recommends from them.

SovereignMama

Kava Curious
Can you take a smaller dose of KWK Boronguru during the day? Or will it always make you sleepy no matter the dose you take? I am looking for something that will pro ode very potent pain relief, muscle relaxation, and mood elevation (high euphoria and helps anxiety and depression)

Jacob Bula

Nobody
Can you take a smaller dose of KWK Boronguru during the day? Or will it always make you sleepy no matter the dose you take? I am looking for something that will pro ode very potent pain relief, muscle relaxation, and mood elevation (high euphoria and helps anxiety and depression)
That's a lot to ask for. I've learned through experience that kava will not solve all of those problems for you.

Kavas high in kavain will give you the mood elevation and help with anxiety, but those effects are often short lived (~15minutes to an hour on good days). The sedative aspects of DHK will then usually kick in for a few hours and provide the relaxation. When I have taken Boronguru during the day, regardless of the dose, it always makes me feel slow and tired. Borongoru is also low in kavain so you won't get much mood elevation. Kava is really best when its taken at night after you have already taken care of all your responsibilities. I have tried drinking kava all day and it makes have zero anxiety, but also no interests or motivation and can actually make my depression much worse.

Substances effect people differently so your experience may be different, but this is what I have found with me after ~2 years of difficult trial and error.

As for heavy affordable kava:

Fiji Vanua's Vanuatu or Best Fiji Kava's AAA Vanuatu are strong and affordable.