What's new

Missed it again

Jack3

Kava Curious
About a month ago ROH told me the PNG would be in stock in a week. It finally came up more than three weeks later but now it’s already out of stock again. I emailed them a few times but they never got back. That is hands down the best for pain and sleep. Mixed with KWK Borongoru it works better than any kava for me. I have some limited funds coming Monday and I hope it’s back in stock while I can afford it.

Chronic pain, insomnia, and fatigue are really hard to live with.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
About a month ago ROH told me the PNG would be in stock in a week. It finally came up more than three weeks later but now it’s already out of stock again. I emailed them a few times but they never got back. That is hands down the best for pain and sleep. Mixed with KWK Borongoru it works better than any kava for me. I have some limited funds coming Monday and I hope it’s back in stock while I can afford it.

Chronic pain, insomnia, and fatigue are really hard to live with.
Maybe this might be equivalent for you.

This root is NON-NOBLE just or the record.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
I was planning to link that @Kapmcrunk , glad you got there first. Other thing I wish to point out, they(Kava Depot) call it Isa in the title and tuedi in the description. Nonetheless, being all lateral roots, I'm sure it kicks some of the other Isa's out of their water.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast

Is non-noble basically the same thing as tudei, or is non-noble somewhere in between tudei and noble ?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Is non-noble basically the same thing as tudei, or is non-noble somewhere in between tudei and noble ?
Isa is in it's own quasi-classification due its chemical properties. Non-noble, based on chemical ratios, but different in other properties.

"Cultivar Isa from Papua New Guinea, appeared to be the most genetically distant from Polynesian accessions with 117 (10.2%) polymorphic electromorphs."

Lebot, Vincent, and Patricia Siméoni. 2004. “Is the Quality of Kava (Piper Methysticum Forst. F.) Responsible for Different Geographical Patterns?” Ethnobotany Research and Applications. https://scholarspace.manoa.hawaii.edu/handle/10125/135.

Ni-Vanuatu Tudei Kava (Narfala) can encompass a wide range of non-noble kavas, and generally marked with very low Kavain/DHM ratios and low K(KL-K)*100 ratios. These kavas will also have higher levels of flavokavains. There are tudei kavas that you'd think "this is nothing, what's all the fuss about?" then there are tudei kavas that make you say "I wish I had never drank that".

The phrase "Non-noble" means it isn't noble. It doesn't infer any other properties or information other than that.

Hermes

Kava Curious

Currently, it appears KavaDepot has five packages in stock. $105 per kilo might be a good price (I am out of touch). The challenge is int'l shipping. Doesn't make sense ordering less than 2-3 kg. How much is a good sleep worth? Not two to three weeks rent !

Jack3

Kava Curious
I prefer the 254 from ROH to the 256 of the Depot strain and getting a whole kg is a substantial investment in this strain alone. I wish I could try a sample to see how it works for me. I’ll also have to check the COA for the flavokavain content.

I appreciate the link. Does anyone have any experience with this one? Seems like it really would be a straightforward sleep aid, anxiolytic, and muscle relaxer. Does not look like a very social variety with the comparatively low amount of kavain.

On the other hand, this looks like it could really work for me and, if so, could be a worthwhile investment. The advantage to low kavain is that I may be less likely to dip into it just for the experience and perhaps more likely to save it for the major pain flare ups and restless nights.

I would hate to drop the cash, which is not coming back as I have no regular income, only to find it doesn’t work well for me. If anyone has any experience and would be willing to let me know how it went, I would appreciate it.

Jack3

Kava Curious
I see a 254 lateral root PNG in the COA section that is 18.95%! I’d be less likely to hesitate on that one. On the other hand, as per the aforementioned reasons, the 256 might be best. This would not be the first time that accepting what is available worked surprisingly well for me.

In any case, I really appreciate the help. I’m going to sleep on it and check tomorrow for any reviews.