What's new

Powdered Kava Review Solomon Island Chief

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
cpReview
{"Grade":8,"Potency":8,"Mind":1,"Body":7,"Anxiety":10,"Sedative":8,"Taste":"5","Preparation":"40 grams with aprox. 500ml water","Duration":"ongoing ","SideEffects":"none","Headline":"Punchy effects but not too peppery!"}
I am just beginning to enjoy this kava, it is my first time trying it and so far so good. I like that the bag has a label with the chemotype and with this kava it is listed as 245361. It appears (by the label) to be a 70/30 mix and it is quite potent. It hits the body right away and seems to bypass any initial kavain euphoria like the Fijians I am used to drinking. The flavor is relatively mild for this type of kava. It comes in a fine grind which would be good for those that prefer to use the Aluball. Overall I am very satisfied with this purchase and at 50% off on Amazon, it is hard to go wrong.

Katya

Did it have much euphoria at all? (is that what you mean by heady?) or was it all round quite sedative?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Did it have much euphoria at all? (is that what you mean by heady?) or was it all round quite sedative?
I associate euphoria and /or headiness with kavain, which tends to be the highest concentration for many kavas. It's none of those things, it is a nighttime, sedative mellow type of kava.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Is euphoria separate to headiness then?
I think in the context of kava it is not. Some people describe it as an uplifting, energetic or energizing feeling. I think we started calling it heady as a way to have one word to represent that overall feeling.

Last edited: