What's new

Kava available in Australia

Sunset_squash67

Aus kava enthusiast
It's really both, so I suppose balanced, it could have been that I hadn't drank any kava in a little over a month but it has been consistently beating me down, in the best possible way. It may actually be too strong for me.

It leans heavy cause it always knocks me out, sorry, missed the last part of your previous comment. It does have an intense kavain rush if you drink too much, too fast, which could be confused with a heady kava.
Thanks for the info. I know exactly what you mean by the kavain rush - had the same thing with Blue Lagoon Kava. It has that rush initially but then leans heavy. I actually really enjoyed that kava so sounds like I would enjoy Karan's kava too

Karans Kava

Quality Kava At An Affordable Price !
Australian Importer
Thanks for the info. I know exactly what you mean by the kavain rush - had the same thing with Blue Lagoon Kava. It has that rush initially but then leans heavy. I actually really enjoyed that kava so sounds like I would enjoy Karan's kava too
Bula,
With free delivery till Sunday, and a price that really is very competitive, pull the trigger friend give us a go ;)

I tried a new vendor today on a whim as they were located near me in Brisbane.

It’s actually very affordable for instant (not micronised) and quite nice. I’m not hit for 6 but I’m quite relaxed which is what I want. The owner allowed me to pick up to save on postage. He was quite friendly and highly knowledgeable on Kava. Seems to be in the early stages of getting established but seems like a promising vendor.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin

It’s actually very affordable for instant (not micronised) and quite nice. I’m not hit for 6 but I’m quite relaxed which is what I want. The owner allowed me to pick up to save on postage. He was quite friendly and highly knowledgeable on Kava. Seems to be in the early stages of getting established but seems like a promising vendor.
Funny that they use Matt as the celebrity that endorses the product, he owns a company that also sells kava called Kavafied, aka, the Aluball inventor.

Makes me wonder how much the owner really knows.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Funny that they use Matt as the celebrity that endorses the product, he owns a company that also sells kava called Kavafied, aka, the Aluball inventor.

Makes me wonder how much the owner really knows.
The owner knows a ton, however their web design person may not. That is interesting. I suppose it's not so much a big deal seeing that kavafied only sells in the U.S.

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast

I have some of this instant - it's ok, very mild, and cheap for instant. It's not a patch on the OZ Kava instant if you get a chance to try that...

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
I have some of this instant - it's ok, very mild, and cheap for instant. It's not a patch on the OZ Kava instant if you get a chance to try that...
How much Oz instant do you use nods and how long effects? I'm taking 2 tbsp at once for a 10 min buzz and then it's over (for other readers, I don't respond to instant usually for some weird body chemistry reason, so that I feel anything is actually indicative of a good product...just always interested to qualify the 'norm')

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast
How much Oz instant do you use nods and how long effects? I'm taking 2 tbsp at once for a 10 min buzz and then it's over (for other readers, I don't respond to instant usually for some weird body chemistry reason, so that I feel anything is actually indicative of a good product...just always interested to qualify the 'norm')
Two heaped teaspoons had me flying for a good half hour, tapering off after a couple hours I guess? I wouldn't bother with that other stuff then, if you only got 10 minutes out of the Oz instant...

Vanuatu has just opened up - get yourself over there for some fresh green kava in a nakamal, if that doesn't work, nothing will!

Sunset_squash67

Aus kava enthusiast
I ended up trying @Karans Kava and I was very very impressed. Powerful stuff, and tastes decent too.

If you want an end of day kava that is balanced but leaning quite heavy, give it a shot.

It's a shame that the website doesn't have more info as it can be a bit of a turnoff. However the quality of the product is great (in my opinion and limited experience) and I will be purchasing again.

Karans Kava

Quality Kava At An Affordable Price !
Australian Importer
I ended up trying @Karans Kava and I was very very impressed. Powerful stuff, and tastes decent too.

If you want an end of day kava that is balanced but leaning quite heavy, give it a shot.

It's a shame that the website doesn't have more info as it can be a bit of a turnoff. However the quality of the product is great (in my opinion and limited experience) and I will be purchasing again.
Bula
I made the website my self ( I have no experience in website design hahaha) but please I am open to suggestions on how I can improve the site , all ears

Vinaka

Sunset_squash67

Aus kava enthusiast
So does anyone know much about covid + kava. Was feeling a bit under the weather and prepared a few shells to feel better.
Certainly felt better while the kava was active, but felt like garbage once it wore off.

Decided to do second rapid test of the day and sure enough - positive

It seemed to help the symptoms a lot while I was having shells though - I was wondering if it would be ok to consume tomorrow as well (no work for me), or should I steer clear until recovered?

Agador

Today is only yesterday's tomorrow
So does anyone know much about covid + kava. Was feeling a bit under the weather and prepared a few shells to feel better.
Certainly felt better while the kava was active, but felt like garbage once it wore off.

Decided to do second rapid test of the day and sure enough - positive

It seemed to help the symptoms a lot while I was having shells though - I was wondering if it would be ok to consume tomorrow as well (no work for me), or should I steer clear until recovered?
I was in the same position you are in now. I had tested positive and could feel the Covid coming on and decided to have a kava session somewhat foolishly in retrospect. Next morning it hit me like a ton of bricks and I was very sick for about 10 days. My theory is that Kava opens up your sinuses etc ( we've all had runny noses under the influence) and that this enlargement of the airways assists the spread of the virus. I could be totally wrong, but perhaps the cautionary principle is best employed when dealing with a potentially deadly unwelcome guest in one's body.