What's new

Seemingly unusual Shipping issue

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
I got that familiar status : "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item", which I know has happened to others.
I don't mean to be redundant, but there's a few unique things about this order.
First, mine has been on that status for much longer than the other people. It's had that same status, on the verge of a week now.

The other unusual thing is, that in the past I've gotten an email receipt from GHK. But this time, I only received a receipt from Paypal - not GHK
Also I read in other threads that Chris said there should be a 4 digit Invoice number. I did not get that, either.
The paypal receipt did provide me with a Tracking Number, which has been on that status for about a week.

So, all things considered, it seems something unusual is happening, but I can't figure what it might be

Any ideas ?

Last edited:

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
Ok, status just changed to "USPS in possession of item".
So, we're in better shape now.
Chris, if you're reading this, Thank You !
One can assume that parcels from ghk is delivered to post office at Mondays so if you had placed your order at a Monday af the trip to the post office you will have to wait another week. That's how island time works :)

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
One can assume that parcels from ghk is delivered to post office at Mondays so if you had placed your order at a Monday af the trip to the post office you will have to wait another week. That's how island time works :)

Ya know, that's a really good thought, and I actually considered exactly that.
However - I did some research and calculations, to make sure I was responding accordingly.

And found another thread (still on this page) where a guy had the same issue, with that lingering status - he said he ordered on June 3rd, 2022, which is a Friday.
Then posted on June 7th, a Tuesday, that it still said "awaiting item". So that order passed through a Monday entirely.
So, between my order and his order combined, as they overlapped, they fully "covered" all 7 days of the week without that status change occurring. Hence, my concern.

Anyway, it's all good. I'm just sayin all that, to show I wasn't over-reacting, since I did do research.
I love me some GHK and some Chris. I'm sure there's a good reason for this, like maybe the USPS delay in scanning, or delay in their system updating it after the scan.

Last edited:

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Don't worry, pretty much all orders from Hawai'i follow this trend, except in the case of ordering fresh frozen kava, then your "Overnight delivery" will become something like a few days to get in the mail and then a few days in the mail.

Valyn

Kava Curious
Not to go off topic but I get USPS updates a couple days after I place an order and they say it will take a week or so and then it magically appears the very next day and a week early like it enters a portal and into my mailbox. But I don't think this applies to GHK unless they have some other warehouse in the mainland.

Last edited: