What's new

Powdered Kava Review Papa'Ele'Ele

JonT

Kava Enthusiast

Every now and then you're touched by a kava that puts you in the clouds. This Pape Ele Ele gives no giddiness - a frequent weakness of heady kavas - the effects are pure and ideal; headiness dominates on small doses but that fades to general relaxation.
This is the closest I've had to the effect of kava in the Solomon Islands (and note that was a much larger amount of kava, like 9 shells). This is serious praise. On two shells I get this. You keep going with this Pape Ele Ele and you're away.

The taste is good but not quite at the heights of the southern winter batch of JPT's Lost Island; it is quite close though. The pale colour sets the scene for a mild taste, and you'd be right. That oil on the surface; you know it won't punch lightly.

On another note, I found the diuretic effects quite strong - hydrate seriously with this.

I first tried this (despite having it ins storage for months) at a party last week. After multiple bowls, we cracked out the Pape Ele Ele at 3AM. None of us needed it, and I think it was wasted. Save this for special occasions when you really want that headshock and feel like you could perform Astral Weeks off the cuff.

Weaknesses? Chris, @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava , I have RUN OUT OF THIS NOW! Please, more Pape Ele Ele!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi Jon, I am glad you like this kava so much, it is a good one. I will harvest some more of this just for you. I should have it on my website in about 2-3 weeks. Hang in there it is on it's way. (y)
Aloha.

Chris

D

Deleted User01

@vorticity Nice review. That looks like some very light colored grog which I like. The darker kavas seem to taste a little worse than the light ones. All the Papa Eles are heady and perfect for daytime drinking. Get'er done Chris ...

Idgie

Kava Enthusiast
Vorticity you are making me need to order this (when Chris puts more up) because you referenced one of my all time fav songs! It's not coincidence - it means that the kava gods are communicating from you to me. Your review other than the song was also great.
:notworthy:

JonT

Kava Enthusiast
Hi Jon, I am glad you like this kava so much, it is a good one. I will harvest some more of this just for you. I should have it on my website in about 2-3 weeks. Hang in there it is on it's way. (y)
Aloha.

Chris
Thanks Chris. I have ran out of words for this kava. A second wash is ahead of first washes for many other kavas.

I need to go digging to see if I have any more Pape Ele Ele in the storage box :D

Please let me know when the next harvest is ready. :D I will call it my 30th birthday kava treat :)

StinkWeed

Kava Enthusiast
The comparison to Solomon Island kava makes this kava seem a little irresistible. I may have to give it a try soon...

verticity

I'm interested in things
'Twasn't me. I got my username from a random word generator, and did not realize at the time there was also a member named vorticity.