What's new

Are you a Kava Traditionalist? Please show your support.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Suggestions: use a "wiki" format so you can have pages of results updated by various people. Also some kind of discussion forum would be nice to be able to discuss the tests openly.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Sumfala blong Solomon Islands have em Solomon Islands Kava kastom, Sumfala blong Fiji have em Fiji Kava kastom,
Olketa Kava kastom narataing
Kastom blong iu no kastom blong me

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Sumfala blong Solomon Islands have em Solomon Islands Kava kastom, Sumfala blong Fiji have em Fiji Kava kastom,
Olketa Kava kastom narataing
Kastom blong iu no kastom blong me
Well, as far as I know, while kava rituals have been different across the Pacific, certain practices (such as not consuming the aerial parts of the plant or the hard fibres) have been followed by virtually all kava drinkers around the Pacific. Also, as far as I know, no traditional kava drinkers have consumed piper wichmanii or what we know today as "tudei" kavas on a daily basis.

Last edited by a moderator:

DirTJerz

Error 404
Awesome! I am in. If nothing else, it will affect search results and availability of quality kava information for those looking for it.

Chris Lyon, NJ, USA

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro

I thought the top one was a fist too, but then I realized it's just your open blouse, for the awesome cleavage yer rockin.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Eniwan wajem Dr. Who Christmas special? Tumas hed bosta. Mebi yumi drimim evrisamting, yumi fecol blong anamol blong fec, bren blong yumi kakae

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
When someone who does not speak a creole language that originated from a pidgin attempts to speak it, could you call it pidgin creole?
Fascinating question. The main difference between Creole and Pidgin is that Pidgin is used when a local language cannot be used. Creole is a language that you are born in to - your mother tongue. I think the languages remain Pidgin or Creole despite the outsider's presence and their ability to communicate in said Pidgin or Creole.