What's new

Kava Mail!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rookietwoshoes

What's your favorite flavor thus far? I'm still a bit confused when the extracts are referred to as subtle but powerful....

J

jj28west

So there is traditional Kava, instant Kava, and Kava Extract? Is extract considered to be just as strong or is this comparing apples to oranges?

verticity

I'm interested in things
So there is traditional Kava, instant Kava, and Kava Extract? Is extract considered to be just as strong or is this comparing apples to oranges?
Extract I think, and in my experience, is weaker or more subtle in the effects it produces, for a given "serving", but it is "stronger" in the sense that the kavalactones are much more concentrated in it, so a serving size is a lot smaller than root powder. There does seem to be stuff in the whole root that is not in the extract, that interacts synergistically with the kavalactones to make the whole root experience more powerful.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Since I've never had saffron I don't have a great understanding of what it's supposed to taste like. I did taste a unique flavor which I'm assuming is saffron, and I definitely taste the rose petals. The full flavor is very light, but you know it's there. Of course the #1 flavor is that old familiar kava. Its very interesting, and I certainly recommend it.

blindy107

Kava Lover
Ordered the saffron as well.

Anyone know when Adil usually sends out shipping info? Maybe Im just spoiled or just way to excited but it seems like it's taking foorrrrrevvveerrr. ..hahaha. @Kapmcrunk send me a little!!

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
@Kapmcrunk Thanks for the enticing pic Kapm, free kava always tastes the sweetest doesn't it? And with that flavor assortment...:hungry:::uhhuhhz::. I've yet to try the extract myself and it just might be time to do so. ::;)2::

Throw a couple more spoon fulls back in our place, that'l have to suffice at the moment until my funds are replenished.(y)

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Whoomp there it is!!!
HeadHodge gets a solid kava buzz, then goes into the entertainment room to sing Whoomp There It Is, in it's entirety, on the karaoke machine. His wife rolls her eyes, cuz it happens every single night.
;)
Hey, I like those lyrics that start at 1:32, brilliant.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
HeadHodge gets a solid kava buzz, then goes into the entertainment room to sing Whoomp There It Is, in it's entirety, on the karaoke machine. His wife rolls her eyes, cuz it happens every single night.
;)
Hey, I like those lyrics that start at 1:32, brilliant.
Actually it's the Bunga Bunga Room!!! (guess you can call it entertainment too :))
Shaka Loka.

blindy107

Kava Lover
@blindy107 - what did you make of the extracts?
Ok got them and took a scoop of each immediately.

Rose and saffron - potent, fresh kava flavor with hint of sweetness. very strong saffron aftertaste.

Vanilla and coconut - potent, fresh kava taste. Mild coconut flavored tongue coating. Finish of vanilla with some bite.

I think, taste wise, I prefer the lemon and honey I had last year. Very quick and subtle relaxation noticed though. I had to rush out to dinner so I didn't get plant myself afterwards. I will try again soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.