What's new

Kava Instant Review Cream of Vanuatu

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
The powder is a very light colour, a light tan to grey with a very pleasing aroma. The powder is milled quite finely and there are very few lumps in the powder when it arrives. It mixes very easily into the water giving a very smooth, creamy liquid that tastes very fresh but pretty mild. There is not a strong peppery flavour to the kava that you get with Vanuatu kavas but you can taste the strength of this as you drink it.

The first (or maybe second) time I tried this kava I managed to give myself some wicked nausea but I have since worked out that I need to space shells of this wonderful instant out a little more. Using this evening as an example I notice that the early onset of the effects take a while to build up. I'm guessing the kavalactone blend of this kava causes the effects to take a while to come into effect. After my first shell this evening (3 heaped teaspoons in 6 oz of water) I noticed mild sensations straight away, not unpleasant but not a full on effect. I did notice some mouth numbing which took a while to subside.

The main effects start building after 15 to 30 mins and even an hour after I was still feeling waves of sensation albeit calming down a little from the main effects. After the second shell (same mix) I experienced much more significant mouth numbing and the effects wore on much more quickly and were much more pronounced. I get mostly heady effects from this kava with some noticeable but fairly subdued body relaxation, a nice mix for me as I prefer heady with just a little heavy. I did not notice any particular sedative effects but I find this to be quite a nice relaxing anti anxiety mix once the initial rush has settled down a little.

I think 2 strongish shells of this kava would be enough for me, I could probably push it a little more but I don't feel the need to. I will be purchasing this kava again at some stage and if asked I would definitely recommend it to someone seeking a good heady effect with a little body mixed in. Overall ::shell:: ::shell:: ::shell:: ::shell:: ::shell:: :D

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
An hour after my second shell I took in some food which went down fine. I did still have a bit of a taste of the kava in my mouth and ever so slight stomach weirdness but after a few mouthfuls of food I felt absolutely fine. I will update in the morning with how I feel.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Felt pretty good this morning, no grogginess. I did hydrate well the previous evening mind. I felt some mild relaxation for most of the morning so all in all a nice experience.