What's new

whole roots in juicer?

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
Anyone tried this.I work at a health bar located in a health food store.we have a really nice juicer I can put whatever in.
Do you mean fresh kava root chopped in a blender? Or dry? Fresh is pulverized incredibly fine in a Ninja 1,500 Watt Blender. A colleague uses Vita-mix but that warms. My personal experience with the resulting beverage made using the Ninja has been very positive.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Do you mean fresh kava root chopped in a blender? Or dry? Fresh is pulverized incredibly fine in a Ninja 1,500 Watt Blender. A colleague uses Vita-mix but that warms. My personal experience with the resulting beverage made using the Ninja has been very positive.
Would a high end Juicer work to extract the juice better? I've had one in my kitchen for a long time.

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
Would a high end Juicer work to extract the juice better? I've had one in my kitchen for a long time.
I've not tried using a juicer for fresh root juice making...one thing to keep in mind is that if you run fresh root / stump through a juicer* you will end up with--
1. --pure juice (like carrot only kava) and 2. -- pulp...you'll totally need to take that pulp and lomi, strain through nut butter bag or something similar to full utilze the fresh root/stump.
* assuming it will not just clog up, and over heat the juicer.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I've not tried using a juicer for fresh root juice making...one thing to keep in mind is that if you run fresh root / stump through a juicer* you will end up with--
1. --pure juice (like carrot only kava) and 2. -- pulp...you'll totally need to take that pulp and lomi, strain through nut butter bag or something similar to full utilze the fresh root/stump.
* assuming it will not just clog up, and over heat the juicer.
I put whole sweet potatoes through this one and it doesn't have a problem, on a higher speed which I believe is around 2,000 rpms. I didn't consider the pulp though, I suppose I'll need to experiment. I'll report back.

TheKavaFlow

Kava Podcaster
Could you imagine drinking fruit juice that was made right after kava was juiced though? I can't imagine it doesn't linger around in there!

MikeNMissy

Kava Curious
Could you imagine drinking fruit juice that was made right after kava was juiced though? I can't imagine it doesn't linger around in there!
Oops I accidentally spiked the fruit juice..
Said no one.. ever... I'm sure of it...

Kava has almost ruined my magic bullet cup lol.