What's new

100% Hawaiian Awa

kl.Project460

Kava Enthusiast
good review! How did you prepare this stuff? 1 cup to 3 cups or 2 tbsp to 2 cups etc. And how fast was the shipping? This stuff sounds amazing.. a blend of Hawaiian kava... mmm

kl.rcoz

Kava Enthusiast
I think i made my too strong. 1c root 4c water. The taste is A+ but by the end of my last shell, I had this splitting headache, I waited an hour for it to go away but it didn't and popped an advil.

Now, this probably was my set and setting, I wasn't really in a good mood and I was in a bright environment. Some time in the future I'll try 2tbs per cup in a more darken setting.

kl.krunk

rcoz -

How long until the last shell - about 2 hours?

Did you at least get any kind of pleasant effects prior- or post-headache?

If the 1:4 was in fact too strong, a strong numbing effect should have been evident, concomitant with Kavain (which Hawaiian cultivars are predominant in) and DHK being vasoconstrictors as well, to which the headache may be attributed...

kl.rcoz

Kava Enthusiast
I tried it with 2 heaping tbs per cup, much better. The combo does produce good effects, I've had it a few times now, with no headache. If I was going to try kava during the day, I would start with this one at 1tbs.

Ryan.

kl.Elizabeth

Kava Curious
rcoz, I wonder if you got a headache from dehydration.  Kava is a diuretic, so you need to make sure you drink plenty of water when you take kava.

kl.Project460

Kava Enthusiast
Tried it with stone and it was pretty good, didnt add much stone but did add a little more kick to it. Overall this is probably the best hawaiian kava ever and one of my top 3 favorites of all time. Reminds me of van3, and a little bit of Solomon.

kl.Dubkava

Kava Curious
Surprised there is not more written about Paradise's Hawaiian Awa!! Exceptional kava. So smooth and the taste is like nothing I've had yet with a real nut like character. The cerebral effects are really great with this one. Top notch kava.

kl.el187joker

Kava Enthusiast
just put in an order for this one. i figured i would try some powdered Hawaiian awa before i drop 220 on some fresh frozen. and who better to go to than paradise. my hopes are really high for this one. i just know that this is gonna be great. will post a review when i receive.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
It's kinda hard to put words to it. The stuff speaks for itself for the most part.

I think repeated recommendations for a certain kava say more about it than anything. You'll see Paradise Hawaiian awa come up quite a few times on the Kava lounge.