What's new

Micronized Kava Review 11 Year Waka

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
This may be a 5 shell kava for me eventually with more time spent with it. Although this 1/4 kilo bag might not last as long as I'd like. It's 4.5 stars for sure but don't know if there's a way to make the rating reflect that on the shell rating section. The Micronization(?) of it is really good. Found only a couple bigger particles in the bottom of my cup most of it blended right in. It was clumpy the first time I tried sippin it (actually made me spit reflex back into the cup and kava went everywhere:shameshame:) but with more vigorous shaking the clumps disappeared. You may want to mix in a little at a time and shake it up in between to avoid clumping. It did end up getting a little chalky later but I'm thinking if I just add the powder, shake then chug it'll avoid the chalkiness that way. seems the chalkiness happens over time after being mixed up.

Effects: Effects are great, it's just what I want from a Fijian but I can drink considerably less volume of grog to get there. I've only tried 1lb of Paradise Kava's Fijian (really really liked that one) and this competes with that one with the added benefit of more miles per tablespoon (or teaspoon). Nice, fuzzy warmth in the head and body is loosened up. Anxiety disappears, music takes on deeper characteristics. Life slows down just a little and chores aren't overwhelming. I think I annoyed the girlfriend with some post-kava silliness. I could go on but i'll just say this is great stuff! Kinda forget sometimes how much I enjoy the Waka!

::shell::::shell::::shell::::shell:: :D

Last edited by a moderator:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Great Review!!! (y) I'm into heady stuff, because I'm mostly a daytime consumer, so your review made me sad I didn't get some. :(

blindy107

Kava Lover
Yeah I have to agree tidy. It's a perfect Fijian. I didn't get to listen to much music as I drank it on our way to dinner with friends. I will say this is the first time i was glad I didn't drive. It was that numbing to my brain. Or more so my vision I guess. Really wild.

I too noticed clumping at first. Have been whisking now. It's a very very fine micro. Like dust. I closed the bag and forced air out and got a puff of kava in my face like a spore cloud. Haha! I have one more day of drinking it before I review. Wanna get a better feel for it. Just finished my breakfast 1.5tbsp and some coffee mixed. Not bad

Sorry to hijack. This 'awa makes me a chatterbox for sure.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
I'd be careful to use this during the normal course of the day. Go very, very light with it cause it'll wallop you. It's great, it's an immediate effect of relaxation but then it goes deeper over time. If you paced yourself with this it'd be an all day/night adventure.

Yeah I have to agree tidy. It's a perfect Fijian. I didn't get to listen to much music as I drank it on our way to dinner with friends. I will say this is the first time i was glad I didn't drive. It was that numbing to my brain. Or more so my vision I guess. Really wild.
yup, felt like a balloon slowly filling with warm, island air inside my skull :cautious: so eventually my eyes get pushed out of place :wideyed:

Find a ::couch::

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
Didn't mention how utterly numb my face was on the outside compared to anything i've felt before. like the beginning tingly feeling of a novacaine shot at the dentist office. Crazy stuff!

blindy107

Kava Lover
Yeah the numbing is very very intense. I felt it in my throat and face as well. I did an all evening test last night. Just sipped tbs after tbs for 4-5 hours. Pretty awesome. Then the tipping point. Went from awesome chill watching house of cards and alert and really sucked in to the show. Then the light switch click and I said "bedtime, now!!" I ran upstairs brushed teeth and was out halfway to my pillow. Hahaha

Good stuff. It's relegated to weekend duty now. Gotta make it last

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
Yeah the numbing is very very intense. I felt it in my throat and face as well. I did an all evening test last night. Just sipped tbs after tbs for 4-5 hours. Pretty awesome. Then the tipping point. Went from awesome chill watching house of cards and alert and really sucked in to the show. Then the light switch click and I said "bedtime, now!!" I ran upstairs brushed teeth and was out halfway to my pillow. Hahaha

Good stuff. It's relegated to weekend duty now. Gotta make it last
Nice, that's more or less my plan tonight. substitute House of Cards for Game of Thrones S1:1 (never watched it before!) - i made it through the first 5 minutes last night and it was way intense but then DVR messed up and I gave up :sour:. Ended up watching the Austin City Limits episode feat. Queens of the Stone Age which was also great. I'm house/pet sitting and there's a 55 inch 3D plasma TV soo yeh it's ::couch:: and ::shell:: time (y)

blindy107

Kava Lover
:yawn:Yeah dude they get more I'm in for a lb at least.

Uhm. Game of thrones is awesome. Might be little intense while rooted. Maybe not season 1....:sneaky:

Is that like a live concert series? I've heard of the festival but not seen it. And I love QOTSA! Especially when Lanegan was singing for em. Mmmmmmm yah. That gravelly heroin voice is amazing.

resiak

Kava Curious
Unless they get more of it, did you see where BKH said they'd probably order more since it's a big hit around here? Count me in for round 2!
I hope you're right because after reading you guys reports I am anxious to try it [emoji75]

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
:yawn:Yeah dude they get more I'm in for a lb at least.

Uhm. Game of thrones is awesome. Might be little intense while rooted. Maybe not season 1....:sneaky:

Is that like a live concert series? I've heard of the festival but not seen it. And I love QOTSA! Especially when Lanegan was singing for em. Mmmmmmm yah. That gravelly heroin voice is amazing.
Watch it here: The series itself "Austin City Limits" runs on PBS. Usually a tasteful range of all kinds of music. Yeh I saw QOTSA play in Norfolk, VA with Lanegan it was awesome. Sorry no thread hijack intended :shy: uhhmmm drink KAVA and watch! ::awesomesmiles::

blindy107

Kava Lover
Hah I have a bad habit of derailing threads. At least I'm krunk when I do....so it's kind of relevant. ;)

Thank you I'll check it out. If you liked them with Lanegan you should check his other musical ventures. Solo stuff, with some English electronic group, with Isabel Campbell, with Greg Dulli from afghan Whigs! It's all over the board as far as sound. Some is heavy some is not at all. But it all has that awesome voice!

Back on topic. I love this stuff!!