What's new

11 year waka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poorkavanewb

Kava Curious
I want to buy some kava but I don't know what would be better 1/2 lb of the micronized kava or a lb of any other strain. 40 dollars is a lot for me and I don't want to waste it. I only hear good news about the 11 waka. Most people use 1-2tbsp and that really interests me because I had to use 5-7 tbsp in a brew for good effects. My first strain was 1/2 lb boroguru from BKH I am not sure if I passed reverse tolerance either lol

R

Rookietwoshoes

It's true that you use less. Personally, I love trying stuff first and not making a big investment by going all in blind. You really never know if you're going to like a strain until you try it. Ulaar had posted a thread recently about selling his 11 year and dropped his price to $25 including shipping. Hit him up if you want to sample some first and still be within reach to get another nice strain of BKH medium grind , like Nambawan or Nangol. Variety leads to preferences.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jalak

Kava Curious
I do 2 heaping spoons then drink half and wait 10-15 minutes before finishing the rest. Quite potent stuff with very motivating effects for me.

D

Deleted User01

Welcome to the Forum Jalak. Thanks for posting that you wait 10-15 (20 is even better) minutes between your shells. Good solid responsible kava drinking habit. That is the best way to avoid problems. Let the kava settle in before you do the next shell. Stop when you feel good.

kava_chief

Kava Curious
I have had Nambawan, Boroguru, and now 11-year waka. With both Nambawan and Boroguru the effects were obvious. If you drank too much, you were floating and sometimes even sick to the stomach.

11-year waka doesn't seem to be working for me.. I certainly don't mean to hate because Bula is an awesome store. I'm just trying to think of reasons why after not drinking kava for about a year that I wouldn't be feeling the effects. I typically mix the 11-year into milk or something like that. Hell, since I've gotten it I've put it in water,milk,coconut water with pineapple,yogurt(this actually made it go down really easily), orange juice, and I've even put a spoonful in my mouth and washed it down with some liquid.

I feel some effects, but they aren't obvious like the others. I've definitely met and even surpassed some of the recommendations(1-2 tbsp) in a "session." I space out the drink/snacks of kava.

Is micronized special in any way? Am I better off trying to knead it?

Should I only do it on an empty stomach? Is there a possibility that I got a bad batch?

Help is appreciated :D

blindy107

Kava Lover
No, kneading will most likely lower the effects. It's possible you are either not a heady type of guy and your chemistry prefers the heavy experience or, my opinion, you are a heavyweight kava drinker. (Not saying you are heavyweight just that you can drink more than the average champion of the root ;))

Try 1tbsp in a cup of liquid. Pound it and wait 20 minutes then another and wait and so on. I would assume by 3tbsp total of micro in an hour or less you would notice. If not then maybe try one more. Or just cut your losses and buy boroguru. ::awesomesmiles::

kava_chief

Kava Curious
No, kneading will most likely lower the effects. It's possible you are either not a heady type of guy and your chemistry prefers the heavy experience or, my opinion, you are a heavyweight kava drinker. (Not saying you are heavyweight just that you can drink more than the average champion of the root ;))

Try 1tbsp in a cup of liquid. Pound it and wait 20 minutes then another and wait and so on. I would assume by 3tbsp total of micro in an hour or less you would notice. If not then maybe try one more. Or just cut your losses and buy boroguru. ::awesomesmiles::
Cool, I tried without having eaten a proper starchy dinner and it worked. I took 2.5 tbsp, one in some sobe(one of the better tasting combos, but still not quite right), one dump and wash. I feel light-headed, like one more cup over and I might be a bit slow to get up tomorrow :D

So it definitely works. It's just a different feeling than the other two strains, less tingly mind-numbing and more intoxicating. I think I do prefer Nambawan out of all of the ones I've tried so far. I saw on the bula facebook page that koniak is the most expensive in the cafe,because of its strength, so I will probably be trying that one next.

Status
Not open for further replies.