What's new

Kava Micronized Review 12 year waka

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
pk-logo.png

12 YEAR WAKA
I'm going to try to keep this short and sweet. This stuff is very finely powdered, perhaps the finest I've seen. It has a mild and somewhat malty flavor. It's very potent and 4-5 Tablespoons was enough to send me full blast, 7 Tbsp made me nauseous, but that is a huge amount for micronized kava. The effects are clean and heady, but also very relaxing and spacey...balanced enough to thoroughly please me, but not straight down the middle.

This kava was the closest feeling and strength that I've had to drinking fresh kava in Vanuatu. A near perfect experience. I've always saved the 5 star rating for fresh kava only, but now I think I can give this one 5 stars, along with some experiences with Mahakea, Borongoru & Mystery Waka. Top notch potency and effects, with minimal stomach discomfort.

The 12 year waka name immediately reminds one of BKH's 11 year waka, which is also quite good, but I'm not sure if they are exactly the same...or possibly different plants from the same farm. I've been drinking BKH's 11 year waka this week and don't quite get the same experience that I did from the 12 yr, the 12 year also seems to taste a bit different. Perhaps it's just a difference in the harvest date, I don't know. I think I recall Judd claiming he had sole rights to selling his particular 11 yr waka though. What ever the case, they're both powerhouse kavas and if @Paradise Kava re-opens their site, I suggest buying some.

snob-50-gif.gif

::tanoa::

Last edited:

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
Holy crapola, 4-5 tablespoons? That would make me catatonic, but you have mentioned before your tolerance is higher than others.

Thanks for the review. :) I'll be keeping my eye on @Paradise Kava to see if/when they re-open.

D

Deleted User01

Nice review Shakas. Interesting comparisons between the 2 Wakas. My limit is 3 tablespoons and I do 1-2 on my Kava days. Maybe 3 on Friday. But I'm a liteweight (which is good).

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
What the heck?! I just saw these reviews. Yes, we were supposed to have exclusivity on the 11 Year. Maybe when some plants turned 12, the supplier figured that was a loophole. I could nearly guarantee that this is the exact same micro that we're currently selling. Of course I can't confirm that because Adil has dropped off the face of the earth. We've always been quite friendly and I've called him (phone number is no longer valid), and sent him an email with no reply. Honestly, I'm a little worried. He and Tyler with the American Kava Association were pretty close too, and he doesn't know what happened to him.

In any case, the supplier has some 'splainin' to do! Of course, since, Adil's site is down, if anyone is looking for this kava, like I said, I can almost guarantee it's the same as my 11 Year Micro. We've got plenty until he returns.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
If you dig through some old posts, you will see that several people/vendors have been approached by this supplier and they even sell this kava under their own brand in America so I am not sure how they guaranteed exclusivity to Bula?
Hm. Very interesting. We'll need to have a talk. It's so popular I don't want to stop selling it because it's so well loved, but exclusivity is why I agreed to sell it in the first place.