What's new

20+ kava uses, still nothing?

Adam44

Kava Curious
Kava noob here, I've used kava about 20 times now and still have yet to feel anything. I've tried a bunch of different amounts. I'm using kava with good reviews as well. Its micro so theres nothing wrong with my preparation. Could it take even more than 20 uses to feel anything?

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Are you drinking on an empty stomach ? That's pretty important.
Are you regularly taking any other drugs, meds, alcohol ?
What different amount have you tried ?
Are you drinking it and then being active ? or drinking in a settled and chill environment ?
Do you notice your sleep being heavier, even if you don't feel notable effects before bed ?

When I first started, I could only feel a glimmer of what could be, it took trying several varieties, preparation amounts and diving into kava 100% before it became strongly effective.

Your best bet would be to hop a plane to Port Vila and chug 4 or 5 shells over there, that should get ya going.
::happyshell::

Last edited:

EQ

Atman
Are you sipping or chugging?

Shakas covered the rest. An empty stomach is important if you are going for full effect or are new.

Adam44

Kava Curious
Yes empty stomach everytime, I chug it within a minute I use about 6 oz of water and I've tried up to 10.5 grams of micro, dont take any meds. I drink it while relaxing Im never active when doing it.

Adam44

Kava Curious
Well, have you considered increasing your dose? 10g is a fairly small dose, especially for a guy. Try 20g or 30g.
If I do over 11g I get a weird head feeling and it becomes really hard for me to focus my vision. Not pleasant at all. All the reviews I read are people taking 2-3 tsp and getting good effects

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
If I do over 11g I get a weird head feeling and it becomes really hard for me to focus my vision. Not pleasant at all. All the reviews I read are people taking 2-3 tsp and getting good effects
3 Tsp = 1 Tbsp. in US measurements...When i use micronized kava, I start with 2 Tbsp mixed in 1+ Cup water.
Then after a while, I do the same amount again...at that point it's pretty noticeable. I usually still have one or two more tablespoons after that, depending on how well it hit me.

Some people are natural lightweights to it and only require small doses, others aren't so lucky and need to double or triple up on it.

In my early days, I remember not being able to hit that undeniable sweet spot, it was either just a tease or I'd over shoot it and feel sick and sloppy.

Adam44

Kava Curious
This explains a lot. Their micro is much weaker than other micros as it not contains makas but also rice flour or some kind of sugar (i think) that they use as a filler. Many people seem to be complainibg about their kava.
I would suggest trying a different kava product
Ya thats why I got the unflavored one, and I see nothing but good reviews for it. Its at a good price too and I'm on a budget

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
Some people are natural lightweights to it and only require small doses, others aren't so lucky and need to double or triple up on it.

In my early days, I remember not being able to hit that undeniable sweet spot, it was either just a tease or I'd over shoot it and feel sick and sloppy.
Yeah I usually do a rounded teaspoon per glass, but I do it frequently throughout the day. Usually if I go above two teaspoons I get that weird sick-ish feeling unless I've eaten directly before. My sweet spot is a light snack, like a hardboiled egg, and then 1.5 tsp of micronized. The snack keeps my stomach from rebelling...

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
Yeah I usually do a rounded teaspoon per glass, but I do it frequently throughout the day. Usually if I go above two teaspoons I get that weird sick-ish feeling unless I've eaten directly before. My sweet spot is a light snack, like a hardboiled egg, and then 1.5 tsp of micronized. The snack keeps my stomach from rebelling...
Word. I definitely wouldn't recommend my dosage for use throughout the day, I only drink in the evening, within the span of 1-3 hours, depending on the kava. Having to be active would make me nauseous.

@Adam44 I had a sample of Kava King and definitely preferred the Vanuatu blend over the flavored stuff.
I liked the effects I got, for the amount I had, but I can't speak for how it would hold up to my usual dosing.
I think you owe it to yourself to buy some micronized Mahakea from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava, at least once, just to see if you notice a difference. ::shell::

Last edited:

Adam44

Kava Curious
Well I tried 30g and finally felt it, a little too much actually lol. Seems like my sweet spot will be 27 or 28 gs. It cant be good to take that much micronized though right.... especially since I like to dose twice a day

Last edited:
S

Summer

You can't really compare what works for other people to what works for you. When I started using kava I thought I should be using less and feeling it more and it just didn't work that way for me. When I finally quit comparing and worrying about it is when I really was able to find my niche.

PsyGuru

Kava Enthusiast
try getting the medium ground stone kava (you will have to buy a strainer) from nakamal at home as it is now 25% off. this has a totally different kind of effect you wont find from the kava king. if you want micro try 11 year waka from bkh or try the sampler pack from gourmet hawaii kava. if you are looking to spend less try getting micro pouni ouni (mispelled) or loa waka on amazon.

I tried kava king a few times. bought it because it was cheap. it was unimpressive. i always plan on retrying it but never got around to it as I have much better kava...and not enough time.

you may be better off investing in a better kava and using it half as much and enjoying rather than using kava king. it could be kava king is not for you.

blindy107

Kava Lover
Honestly man, I had almost no effect from my recent kava king experiences either. Also, using the same root every day seems to diminish its effectiveness for me as well. That's why I always have at least 3 varieties on hand.

Tfin

Kava Enthusiast
Honestly man, I had almost no effect from my recent kava king experiences either. Also, using the same root every day seems to diminish its effectiveness for me as well. That's why I always have at least 3 varieties on hand.
I've noticed this as well.....needing to change up varieties in order to produce the affects I'm looking for.
HanakapiAi had been working great but started to drop off half way through the bag. Now some Moi is really doing it for me (yes I know heavy vs heady here).

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I try to drink different varieties whenever possible as well, but it doesnt always hurt to drink a staple like moi a couple days in a row so long as i switch for a few days affer that. I notice it a whole lot with pouni ono. If i drink it often its average and even a bit boring, but if i break it out for the first time in a week or two then bam its very euphoric and happy