What's new

Kava Extract Review 2013 CO2 Extract (Chocolate Orange)

infraredz

BULA!
This has always been my favorite extract, and probably will continue to be my favorite. Supercritical CO2 extractions are from everything I've read, the safest possible way to extract kava to create such an incredibly potent extract. I think everyone needs to remember that this is a 50:1 extract, meaning it takes 50 parts of kava to make 1 part extract. That explains the amazing potency as well as the cost, though it is still fair for what it is.

I have tried the Honey Lemon and Chocolate Orange and both taste absolutely wonderful. There is a slight "grittiness" to it which I am told is due to the kavalactones. It almost feels like there are these tiny little balls of pleasure in there.

Of course, there is the most potent numbing of the mouth that I've ever experienced, even compared to lidocaine that they use at the dentist. Hell, maybe for my next dentist visit, I will bring a jar and tell them to use it instead. It would numb my mouth and make me feel much more at peace with dentists, which I think I can agree no one enjoys.

I always let it sit under my tongue and dissolve for around 5 minutes and with the saliva picking up the taste, the wonderful taste spreads throughout your mouth. The onset of effects seems slower than with typical grog, but I think that due to the fact I had some food in my stomach as well as the fact that the kavalactones might not readily be absorbed buccally through the mucous membranes. Regardless, within 10mins, you definitely feel the effects.

I have always gotten what I call "kava breath" after I eat some food shortly after drinking a good, potent grog. It tastes/feels like exhaling has this sort of "kava-like" taste to it and I've never heard anyone talk about that before. Anyways, for me, it is definitely a sign of good times to come. This doesn't disappoint at all.

I got a nice kavain feeling for around 30 mins before gently fading to a more mentally relaxing sensation. The bodily effects are minimal, but still present. This is the sort of extract that would be called "heady". I'm pretty sure it's very, very high in kavain...

Anyways, for the price, ease of use, wonderful taste and potency and safety, this extract rules the market.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
@infraredz, you said this---"Of course, there is the most potent numbing of the mouth that I've ever experienced, even compared to lidocaine that they use at the dentist. Hell, maybe for my next dentist visit, I will bring a jar and tell them to use it instead. It would numb my mouth and make me feel much more at peace with dentists, which I think I can agree no one enjoys."

Did you know that they did some experiments on using the kavalactones as a Novocain replacement. The quickly dropped that idea when they found that the numbing effects lasted for a few days, it worked very well, a bit too well. I was surprised when I read this and I thought to myself I can see that is does last long, kavalactones are good stuff. (y)
Aloha.

Chris

violet

Do all things with love
Did you know that they did some experiments on using the kavalactones as a Novocain replacement. The quickly dropped that idea when they found that the numbing effects lasted for a few days, it worked very well, a bit too well. I was surprised when I read this and I thought to myself I can see that is does last long, kavalactones are good stuff. (y)
I'll attest to this. The last time I self-imposed a kava break was when I felt like I was developing a tolerance to the micronized I was drinking. I still had a slight numb feeling in my lips into the morning of the third day off kava.

D

Deleted User01

You know, the last extract I "sampled", I put it under my tongue but it didn't dissolve. I got impatient and swallowed it. Infraredz, how long do you let it sit under your tongue? Chris, I talked to you about that extract and do you have any comments? I have no idea if it was CO2 for not but Chris might know.

infraredz

BULA!
You know, the last extract I "sampled", I put it under my tongue but it didn't dissolve. I got impatient and swallowed it. Infraredz, how long do you let it sit under your tongue? Chris, I talked to you about that extract and do you have any comments? I have no idea if it was CO2 for not but Chris might know.
I let it sit and dissolve for about 5 minutes.
Aloha.

Chris
I did not know that, but that's very interesting indeed! The potent ion channel blockade that kavain elicits is working much in the same way that local anesthetics work so it's not surprising.

keeron

Kava Enthusiast
Did you know that they did some experiments on using the kavalactones as a Novocain replacement. The quickly dropped that idea when they found that the numbing effects lasted for a few days, it worked very well, a bit too well.

Chris
Phew . Ok so, im not going crazy by imagining things and don't have something wrong with my CNS.
My mouth and now my lips have been numb for around 5 days now after using the last of my Kava.
I pretty much knew this was from Kava, but could not confirm this, im glad to hear this, as it confirms that it is the Kava & glad to know this is normal.