What's new

A Documentary on Hawaiian 'Awa

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi everyone, I wanted to take this time to show you some pictures of what was going on not very long ago here in Hawaii. We had a film crew come to do a documentary on Kava.
We had a great time at Ed Johnston's place, Hawaiian 'Awa was well represented by Ed Johnston, Jerry Konanui's wife, Lakea from Puu Ala farms, Isaac a fellow 'Awa grower as well as me and a few others. They did a lot of filming that day and talking and yes drinking some fresh 'Awa from Pu'u Ala farms, there was a lot of my instant kava there too. Then they came to my farm to do some more work on the documentary. It was a lot of fun and I can't wait for the documentary to be finished, they are also doing a book on kava too.
A big thanks to
nothing special presents For doing this project. All of us here in Hawaii really enjoyed having you folks over here.
Here are a few pictures, enjoy.
Aloha.

Chris
DSC_2768 (2).jpg

DSC_2773 (2).jpg

DSC_2774 (2).jpg

DSC_2775.JPG

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
Hi everyone, I wanted to take this time to show you some pictures of what was going on not very long ago here in Hawaii. We had a film crew come to do a documentary on Kava.
We had a great time at Ed Johnston's place, Hawaiian 'Awa was well represented by Ed Johnston, Jerry Konanui's wife, Lakea from Puu Ala farms, Isaac a fellow 'Awa grower as well as me and a few others. They did a lot of filming that day and talking and yes drinking some fresh 'Awa from Pu'u Ala farms, there was a lot of my instant kava there too. Then they came to my farm to do some more work on the documentary. It was a lot of fun and I can't wait for the documentary to be finished, they are also doing a book on kava too.
A big thanks to
nothing special presents For doing this project. All of us here in Hawaii really enjoyed having you folks over here.
Here are a few pictures, enjoy.
Aloha.

Chris
View attachment 11545
View attachment 11546

View attachment 11547

View attachment 11548
Wonderful photos Chris! As a note to all kava drinkers- the Hawaii press (Honolulu Civil Beat) and numerous other media were notified of this documentary being filmed about a Pacific Islands plant that likely prevents cancers, prevents Alzheimers and was recently classified as a "safe food" . Their reaction?
It isn't newsworthy and they had a hard time understanding Codex alimentarius, actually thinking it was a secret society on a TV show.

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
Also interesting fact regarding this documentary , as Chris points out , the book they will be doing on Hawaiian 'awa is in a similar style of DRIFT magazine.
Stories in DRIFT include Coffee growing in Bali. this 'Awa film will include research into the kava plants ability to prevent disease.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Also interesting fact regarding this documentary , as Chris points out , the book they will be doing on Hawaiian 'awa is in a similar style of DRIFT magazine.
Stories in DRIFT include Coffee growing in Bali. this 'Awa film will include research into the kava plants ability to prevent disease.
I would have forgotten about the film crew and engrossed myself into the kava experience, than again, even I know about the Codex alimentarius.

I also don't live in Hawaii, where fresh and instant kava are common and readily available, I sure wish I did though.

Jacob Bula

Nobody
I've honestly not been excited for any releases of films in like the past 10 years...until now.
IN A WORLD... WITH CONSTANT STRESS AND THE IMPENDING COLLAPSE OF SOCIETY AND AN EXISTENTIAL THREAT TO THE HUMAN RACE...

One plant to root them all, One plant to find them, One plant to bring them all and in the krunkness blind them.
Coming 2021:
THE LORD OF THE ROOTS:
The Fellowship of the Root
Inkedone shell_LI.jpg

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
IN A WORLD... WITH CONSTANT STRESS AND THE IMPENDING COLLAPSE OF SOCIETY AND AN EXISTENTIAL THREAT TO THE HUMAN RACE...

One plant to root them all, One plant to find them, One plant to bring them all and in the krunkness blind them.
Coming 2021:
THE LORD OF THE ROOTS:
The Fellowship of the Root
I can't carry the Root for you, but I can carry you!