What's new

A Kiwi making music for anxiety relief / relaxation - hunting for constructive criticism

Sounds of a Sphere

music maker
Greetings Kavaiers,

I joined this forum hoping to find musical feedback from people who treat relaxation as a life priority.
I recently tried my hand at making music for floatation tanks (sensory deprivation tanks). Specifically, the centre in Grafton Auckland.
It was an extremely interesting challenge, as listeners ears are under water ! I never enjoyed making music more, and recognizing that this music was good for relaxation and sleep as well I continued down that route, since anxiety levels have been running high this year with COVID.

I was hoping to find some feedback, here on Kava forums, on where these songs may fall a bit short in the scope of relaxation, and how they feel on Kava.
Listen here: Or here on spotify/youtube

It is my first post, but I can't say many of my friends share my love for chill-out music. I really do want to hear some critique from people who pursue relaxing activities. I'd also like to know where you all might think theres something repetitive, or missing, in the scene of relaxation music. Any cliches you might be tired of? I'd like to bare these in mind for future creations.

PS: anyone is interested, you can have the artwork as a desktop wallpaper in 4K, which ive added as an attachment
:)

Thanks, and hello from Auckland New Zealand !

Attachments

hightides42

our Roots run deep
Very relaxing, written as I sit on the deck watching another beautiful sunrise over the mountains to the east, after second morning shell of fresh Hanakapi'ai from @Pu'u O Hoku Ranch ,simply sublime and has transported me back two decades to time I lived in Hawaii~

I think singing bowls would fit in very nicely with your work. Also, you might experiment with binaural beats (excepting beta and gamma... although the separation may not be very effective when floating in a deprivation tank, I think it would be awesome with a good set of headphones) as well as soft and subtle drum beats timed to a resting heartrate. Another thought comes to mind on 'missing', nature sounds such as bird calls for forest and waves for ocean.
Otherwise you've created a wonderful addition to my chill playlist. Well done, thanks for posting this and welcome to the forum!

Sounds of a Sphere

music maker
Very relaxing, written as I sit on the deck watching another beautiful sunrise over the mountains to the east, after second morning shell of fresh Hanakapi'ai from @Pu'u O Hoku Ranch ,simply sublime and has transported me back two decades to time I lived in Hawaii~

I think singing bowls would fit in very nicely with your work. Also, you might experiment with binaural beats (excepting beta and gamma... although the separation may not be very effective when floating in a deprivation tank, I think it would be awesome with a good set of headphones) as well as soft and subtle drum beats timed to a resting heartrate. Another thought comes to mind on 'missing', nature sounds such as bird calls for forest and waves for ocean.
Otherwise you've created a wonderful addition to my chill playlist. Well done, thanks for posting this and welcome to the forum!
Thank you for the warm wishes hightides <3
Yes! Im very interested in binaural. I found a wonderful PDF book called mathemagical music. Even if you dont produce music, its a fascinating document thats fun to read which says a lot about the way our brain works and the way that it can syncronise with music. I did not do it for this release though - it is better for more droney sounds.

AaronCobra

Kava Curious
Sounds great! I'm listening from Whangaparoa and enjoying a shell while I do.

I've floated a few times and I reckon this would be pretty nice to drift off to. Some frequencies get a bit weird under the water but I wouldn't know what the range is. Guess it depends on the float centre's sound system too.

Well done!