What's new

A new kava appears...

there's a new kava listed on kbr...tongan lightning...according to description seems to be another kavain-predominant strain with cerebral effects...anyone already ordered it?

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Just got here today. It looks exactly like Fiji waka. If there wasn't a Tongan lightening label on it I wouldn't be able to tell them apart!

krunkedout

Kava Lover
I figure I better give this one a go during the day seeing as how Rex's other Tongan is apparently quite the effective stimulant lol. I also and fighting a cold and would love some kava relief (I find kava to be an effective cold medicine) so the only thing that is in my stomach is a half cup of black coffee and a time release pseudoephedrine sulfate/ anti-histamine tablet. Will report back in a couple hours with my review

krunkedout

Kava Lover
well I've been drinking this for around 45 min and I am incredibly pleased. Very potent stuff. This stuff smells pretty good too, nice nutty aroma. The taste is thick but not difficult to swallow and has some bitternesss that hits after your swallow. About 1 min after I had the first two shells, I could feel it starting and I was instantly hit with philosophical thoughts about how kava makes it seem as if you're being pulled out of a dark hole and being shown what the world has to offer. Definitely a creative kava. But it may get you faded and make reading a bit difficult lol. And as you can see from the pics, there's a lot of foam on top before I squeezed. I probably blended for like 3-5 min with a hand blender before squeezing. Oh and sgt. Pepper goes wonderfully with this! Will I buy again? Absolutely.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
After trying you'll want to even more. A great word to describe this kava is "clean" it's a clean euphoric buzz. It's not to sedating so it's great for mid day, and it's not too uppity so you can drink it at night with no problem. And so far the effects seem to be lasting a good while

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Still feeling it! Which is a long time for a six table spoon batch! Tonight I'm going to do a half cup batch with 4 tbl Fiji waka and 4tbl Tongan lightening.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
It seems to be mostly head. Definitely a high kavain kava. I can't wait to see how it mixes with a more DHM DHK kava