What's new

A new kava appears...

porsche11

Kava Curious
This stuff is awesome! I brewed 6 tablespoons in 3 cups of water and I'm feeling reaaal nice. It has a real mild taste with moderate mouth numbing. The effects hit you pretty quick and it is very heady! It reminds me of tongan pride in that it makes music sound amazing and makes you want to dance. Good stuff.

Dan

Kava Enthusiast
Lovely stuff, and definitely more of a head buzz.  Mild to the taste, but peculiar woody (?) smell that's unlike any other in my experience.

kl.Thunder Chunky

Kava Curious
Haven't had any kava in my possession for a month or so, but was very excited to see this pop up on KBR since I'm a huge fan of high kavain strains. This does not disappoint!

I brewed some up last night. It came out quite creamy and frothy. The taste is deliciously mild, and with a bit of milk and cinnamon over ice, it was a pleasure to drink. Felt instant clarity behind the eyes and in the front of my head within 5 minutes, which lead to a stimulating and uplifting (mood-wise) feeling which lasted a few hours. I slept incredibly well and woke up still feeling relaxed and cheerful.

I really like this stuff, and am very happy I bought 2 lbs. I can tell already that it will be very helpful for fighting off depression and laziness that normally results from that depression.

I'm brand new and a pound of this and a pound of Isa/Tudei was my first kava purchase*. I used Rex's recommended prep method, with ratios that were slightly different (1.5 liters of water to 90g of powder, so it's somewhat stronger than the 1 gallon ratios). Buuuut I'm working through the whole tolerance thing. Last night's prep had a bit of an effect. This afternoon's had a bit more, I do feel pretty good at the moment, about 50 minutes after my last four ounce portion. I'll see what happens with it over the next few days. If it keeps progressing, I will be most happy to never look at a bottle of Tito's again. If nothing else it'll provide data on how this is for a first time user.

*My rationale being: get one from each end of the mind/body spectrum for, you know, science.

UPDATE: I just had a side-splitting laughing jag about nothing in particular (which is actually quite therapeutic) and it's been quite awhile since I've done that, so I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this stuff is all right.