What's new

A simple question

Jake o Links

Krunkin with Sasquatch!
Which noble cultivar would you say is best for muscle relaxation? Getting ready to order and wanted to get some forum thoughts/advice.

D

Deleted User01

When available, the Papa Kea is great for Sunday afternoons when you are sore from all the yard work. I think it has a higher percent of Kavalactones and that seems to add to its pain relief properties. Other than that, I think the members will tell you that Boroguru is good for relaxing the body.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
WOW! (which is mostly boroguru), is clean and potent but also one of the most expensive kavas you can buy.
Other's that are pretty similar in muscle relaxation are Mahakea, Stone, perhaps Hiwa/opihikao, and judging from the chemotype Malekula magic and pentecost should too.
It's typically the amout of kavalactone #5 and to a lesser degree #2, that contribute to muscle effects. They are longer lasting, more stomach upsetting and add a lot to the feeling of slowness & sedation and in higher doses, a bit of a loose doped up stupor.

Jake o Links

Krunkin with Sasquatch!
well... I don't like the stomache upsetting part, but it's worth it for the muscle relaxing part. Im going to have to hunt down some ginger. Im not a totally "all natural" type. What are your feelings on dramamine or something similar?

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Nene really loosens me up in the body. There are probably better body-targeted kava out there, but I haven't tried any because I'm a Heady Monster.

violet

Do all things with love
I'll second the Stone, it has way more body load for me than WOW! does. Foremost I'd have to recommend Boroguru for the couch melt. Papa kea is great too.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I'll second the Stone, it has way more body load for me than WOW! does. Foremost I'd have to recommend Boroguru for the couch melt. Papa kea is great too.
I can't wait for Papa Kea to show up again. That's one I definitely want to try.

I may need to check out the Stone. That's a boroguru? A blend?

violet

Do all things with love
Stone - I don't know, and I don't remember if it's ever been said or not. It has a heavy, often sedating feel not unlike a strong boroguru, it gets the job done. I don't think it tastes nearly as bad as it's made out to be.

Papa Kea is awesome. You get a workout trying to squeeze all the lactones out of it. I immensely enjoy both of these kavas.

Jake o Links

Krunkin with Sasquatch!
papa kea is def on my want list. was waiting to see if Chris was goin to offer any discounts through a news letter. Im in the market for 1/2 pound papa and 1/2 pound something else... still contemplating my navel on it, though.