What's new

Powdered Kava Review AAA Grade Waka

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
cpReview
{"Grade":8,"Potency":8,"Mind":8,"Body":6,"Anxiety":10,"Sedative":6,"Taste":"7","Preparation":"","Duration":"Onset: 10m. Peak30-90m. Total 160m","SideEffects":"","Headline":"Happy feelings and anxiety relief "}
It took some time because of the covid situation but I finally got my first order from Fiji Fresh Kava.
The reviews available on the internet regarding the kava from this vendor is almost only positive, so I was expecting some good and price worthy kava.
I must say that I'm impressed and that I was surprised over how much I liked it! As you know, kava is a lot different for different people and I don't wanna look like I'm hyping this variety.

This AAA Waka is really smooth. The powder is pretty fine compared to other kavas I've had, a table spoon is almost 10 grams instead of like 6-8 gram that I am used to (But there is no problem using a 100 micron nylon bag straining it without getting too much harshness on the stomach). The kava varieties I've had home the past months have had a really strong smell and taste that I was not so fond of. This kava tastes and smells fresh and not some strong almost chemical smell that I feel like, for example, the Vanautu from Real Kava have. I had a bit of a hard time with the differents varieties from Nakamal at home too. The grog turns deep brown pretty quick and I even made a third smaller wash that I blended into the first and second wash.

It does not take many minutes before I feel how this balanced kava with a heady overtone, washes away the chattering in my mind that comes with stress and gives me a smile on my face. I have a lacking experience with kavas that have a heady character, but this one seems to have a good percentage of Headiness and Heaviness for me. I have been drinking between 30-40 grams per evening and my go to dosage is usually around 30 grams. This kava is not super strong, but I feel like that is a positive thing for me right now. I don't want a kava that slaps my face. The peppery taste and the good mix of Kavalactones makes this a really good drink to relax at home, feeling good. Without getting slapped in the face and wanting to lie down.

I am looking forward to try Best Fiji Kavas AAA Vanuatu that I have one lbs of at home too. In my order there was also the premium grade waka that felt a bit like the aaa waka, but weaker. I made a grog with 45 grams yesterday that I drink over the evening while watching series on my computer. Next time I am buying kava I will definitely buy a kilo of the AAA waka.

Also an interesting thing: I've had big problems with skin rashes when I drink kava the past months. While drinking Nakamal and Real Kava varieties I've had outbreaks every time I drink and it has been really annoying. For some reason this kava does not give me rashes. For the first time in months my hands are healing while I am still drinking kava. This is just a personal anecdote, but I am really happy about it.

Last edited:

Kavadelic

Kava Curious
It took some time because of the covid situation but I finally got my first order from Fiji Fresh Kava.
The reviews available on the internet regarding the kava from this vendor is almost only positive, so I was expecting some good and price worthy kava.
I must say that I'm impressed and that I was surprised over how much I liked it! As you know, kava is a lot different for different people and I don't wanna look like I'm hyping this variety.

This AAA Waka is really smooth. The powder is pretty fine compared to other kavas I've had, a table spoon is almost 10 grams instead of like 6-8 gram that I am used to (But there is no problem using a 100 micron nylon bag straining it without getting too much harshness on the stomach). The kava varieties I've had home the past months have had a really strong smell and taste that I was not so fond of. This kava tastes and smells fresh and not some strong almost chemical smell that I feel like, for example, the Vanautu from Real Kava have. I had a bit of a hard time with the differents varieties from Nakamal at home too. The grog turns deep brown pretty quick and I even made a third smaller wash that I blended into the first and second wash.

It does not take many minutes before I feel how this balanced kava with a heady overtone, washes away the chattering in my mind that comes with stress and gives me a smile on my face. I have a lacking experience with kavas that have a heady character, but this one seems to have a good percentage of Headiness and Heaviness for me. I have been drinking between 30-40 grams per evening and my go to dosage is usually around 30 grams. This kava is not super strong, but I feel like that is a positive thing for me right now. I don't want a kava that slaps my face. The peppery taste and the good mix of Kavalactones makes this a really good drink to relax at home, feeling good. Without getting slapped in the face and wanting to lie down.

I am looking forward to try Best Fiji Kavas AAA Vanuatu that I have one lbs of at home too. In my order there was also the premium grade waka that felt a bit like the aaa waka, but weaker. I made a grog with 45 grams yesterday that I drink over the evening while watching series on my computer. Next time I am buying kava I will definitely buy a kilo of the AAA waka.

Overall: 4.5 of 5 shells.
Potency: 3.5 of 5 shells.
Heady: 4 out of 5 shells.
Heavy: 3 out of 5 shells.
Anxiety relief effects: 4.5 of 5 shells.
Sedative effects: 2.5 of 5 shells.
Taste: Smooth +7

Also an interesting thing: I've had big problems with skin rashes when I drink kava the past months. While drinking Nakamal and Real Kava varieties I've had outbreaks every time I drink and it has been really annoying. For some reason this kava does not give me rashes. For the first time in months my hands are healing while I am still drinking kava. This is just a personal anecdote, but I am really happy about it.
Yeah, Stone gave me some pretty bad rashes and dermo to where I wanted to die lol. I had to use the aaa grade vanuatu pretty heavy to start developing dermo with the AAA Vanuatu stuff, I wasnt drinking enough water, it just got cold here, nor using lotions as a preventative measure, and I have a bit of dermo around mouth and by my right eye, most other Kavas would have me worse by now with these factors. Fijians are generally less prone to causing dermo I anecdotally find and have heard.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah, Stone gave me some pretty bad rashes and dermo to where I wanted to die lol. I had to use the aaa grade vanuatu pretty heavy to start developing dermo with the AAA Vanuatu stuff, I wasnt drinking enough water, it just got cold here, nor using lotions as a preventative measure, and I have a bit of dermo around mouth and by my right eye, most other Kavas would have me worse by now with these factors. Fijians are generally less prone to causing dermo I anecdotally find and have heard.
Interesting that we have the same experience with dermo!
Winter is here too, with about 41°F during the days now. Usually I get skin problems during winter time, but so far I have not this year.
I use a lotion I got on prescription from my doctor after showing them pictures of my dry hands, it's a urea-containing cream that I can recommend.
Now my hands does not really have any kava dermo because my consumption have been a lot lower, but winter is making my hands super dry. This and dermo on top would suck hard. But I found Handy Gurugu from Lush be super helpful making my hands not crackling dry, it's also a bit more of a "natural" choice. I'm not from the UK but I'm putting a link to the product from the UK site here: https://uk.lush.com/products/hand-care/handy-gurugu

When it comes to the kava products from this vendor. I only have enough for a last session of the AAA Waka now. I used up most the first week because I loved it so much. Now I'm a bit sad that I don't have more of it. I got some kava in stock already tho and don't really wanna spend more money if I already have a home. But even if the AAA Vanuatu was my favorite Vanuatu so far of the vendors I've tried, that type of kava seem to not really vibe with me. Maybe I will put in an order anyway and get a larger amount of the AAA Waka.

Have anyone who have tired the Waka also tried their Lawena? Is the Lawena also a bit more heady/balanced?

Last edited:

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks for the detailed kava review @ babesugarbunny

Im also glad that your rashes are going away. We take extra steps to make sure our kavas are clean and high quality :)
Appreciate the work you do and also being quick helping me get my invoice again that I lost. Looking forward to my next order.
Could I ask you if the AAA Lawena feels a bit like the AAA Waka or is AAA Lawena more heavy? I liked how the Waka was mostly heady for me, awesome fresh product!

Kavadelic

Kava Curious
Yeah I gotta try that BFK lawena, most are usually very drinkable especially for newbies and creamy to a degree. I find them Great for a stressful afternoon, but not as great for melting into the couch lol ^-^

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah I gotta try that BFK lawena, most are usually very drinkable especially for newbies and creamy to a degree. I find them Great for a stressful afternoon, but not as great for melting into the couch lol ^-^
Just wanna make sure I understand you, is it lawena in general that you find great for a stressfull afternoon or are you describing BFK's kavas in general?
Because I do feel like recommending BFK to newbies is a good idea, because the from what I've tried their kava seems to be some of the best regarding the taste. I don't really get that after-taste when I've gulped down my shell, with a lot of other brands I find the after-taste to be a bit hard to handle.

Have you tried their Bulk kava powder (That are sold in 1lb bags and up)?

Kavadelic

Kava Curious
Just wanna make sure I understand you, is it lawena in general that you find great for a stressfull afternoon or are you describing BFK's kavas in general?
Because I do feel like recommending BFK to newbies is a good idea, because the from what I've tried their kava seems to be some of the best regarding the taste. I don't really get that after-taste when I've gulped down my shell, with a lot of other brands I find the after-taste to be a bit hard to handle.

Have you tried their Bulk kava powder (That are sold in 1lb bags and up)?
I mean in general, I haven’t had a chance to try neither of those you mentioned, but I’ve heard the bulk is great for price. I plan on doing so with my next order. I’m not the biggest on lawenas but I’ll try theirs eventually too ^_^