What's new

AAA Kava Product Pics

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Pre-Review

Taste: It's got medium pungent flavor. @Kojo Douglas you know how much I love the unique flavor, lol. It'll take a few more days for me to get a good grasp on it, as I drink it so fast I barely taste it.

Potency: So far, it's good. It's potent. The standard 40g batch was plenty strong. Day one with a kava isn't enough for me to say "yay or nay" but I'm leaning more "yay" with this one.

Knead: It's like kneading a bag of clay. A usual sign of "knock you down" kava.

Notes: Little bit of holdover in the morning from last night, but that's not a complaint. I enjoy that. Sediment levels were a bit high with this kava. I had some in the bowl that was really dark upon settling. I swished the kava around for a second and left the bulk of the dark sediment. (discovered a rip in my strainer bag, not a fault of the kava) Still extremely potent.

@bestfijikava.com Do you happen to know the cultivar on this kava?

Last edited:

bestfijikava.com

Hayward, CA
Kava Vendor
Pre-Review

Taste: It's got medium pungent flavor. @Kojo Douglas you know how much I love the unique flavor, lol. It'll take a few more days for me to get a good grasp on it, as I drink it so fast I barely taste it.

Potency: So far, it's good. It's potent. The standard 40g batch was plenty strong. Day one with a kava isn't enough for me to say "yay or nay" but I'm leaning more "yay" with this one.

Knead: It's like kneading a bag of clay. A usual sign of "knock you down" kava.

Notes: Little bit of holdover in the morning from last night, but that's not a complaint. I enjoy that. Sediment levels were a bit high with this kava. I had some in the bowl that was really dark upon settling. I swished the kava around for a second and left the bulk of the dark sediment. Still extremely potent.

@bestfijikava.com Do you happen to know the cultivar on this kava?
Thats a good question. I don't know the cultivar of this kava but I know that it is the same variety that the family farms have been growing for generations.

Kava is a interesting subject and pretty soon we're going to be doing kava testing and getting in depth with kava research as we move our business in a more positive direction.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I can honestly say AAA is a good kava with medium-strong to strong effects. Day 2 and my skin isn't any drier than normal, nor do I feel lethargic. I'm liking this one.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Totally wasn't the kava with the sediment levels. My strainer had a small rip that was allowing root particles to escape. New strainer, no issues. Day 3, and this kava is consistent.

CrunkMonk

Kava Curious
I've been doing this vendors Vanuatu on and off for almost a decade and its pretty great! Thanks for offering this at such a low price! The taste is very strong, but I actually like the spicy, grassy notes that are typical with Vanuatu. This AAA Vanuatu has always tested noble with the acetone test for me too.

I usually boil the Kava first and hit it with a blender. Even with a thicker boiled shell the sediment sinks fast and the grog cleares up good after straining. I boil the grounds a second time and really pulverize them in the blender. Even the second grounds produce a pretty potent shell.

I personally think its a great daily kava for the price. Also I want to add that I appreciate the fast shipping and reliability though out almost a 10 year period!

Last edited:

bestfijikava.com

Hayward, CA
Kava Vendor
I've been doing this AAA Vanuatu on and off for almost a decade and its pretty great! Thanks for offering this at such a low price! The taste is very strong, but I actually like the spicy, grassy notes that are typical with Vanuatu. This has always tested noble with the acetone test for me too.

I usually boil the Kava first and hit it with a blender. Even with a thicker boiled shell the sediment sinks fast and the grog cleares up good after straining. I boil the grounds a second time and really pulverize them in the blender. Even the second grounds produce a pretty potent shell.

I personally think its a great daily kava for the price. Also I want to add that I appreciate the fast shipping and reliability though out a 10 year period!
Thanks. I can't wait till people experience our new and improved website which will be launching in just a few months. Its going to include many features for the customer and some new strains.

::KavaChug::

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
Day 2 and my skin isn't any drier than normal, nor do I feel lethargic.
Wow. Is kava supposed to dry skin short-term?!

Suppression of sebaceous glands would be nice but the same can be achieved with babchi oil topically without excessive drinking of kava.

I sometimes drink carrot juice when I have been drinking kava more than twice in a week in order to compensate for loss of vitamin A.

Against acne, babchi oil is comparable or maybe better than non-prescription retinol (no experience with that one). You do not want to touch the eye with babchi oil, though, it is quite painful irritant, comparable to jalapeño, I say.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Wow. Is kava supposed to dry skin short-term?!
I drink kava daily. Some kavas have more of a drying effect and you can usually feel them right at the start, especially if you drink kava regularly. A kava with an exceptional ability to cause the dryness can usually be felt right away or after a few days of consumption.