What's new

Achy legs and back after drinking kava

I was wondering if anyone else gets achy legs and lower back after drinking kava? I’m using Fiji Wakacon and did 4 tbsp in blender and second wash with kava strainer cloth.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I was wondering if anyone else gets achy legs and lower back after drinking kava? I’m using Fiji Wakacon and did 4 tbsp in blender and second wash with kava strainer cloth.
Not really and I use that kava often, it's my go to budget kava. Are you taking any other meds, have other conditions?

I'm not taking any other meds but I've had chronic Lyme symptoms. I was wondering if kava was killing something off in my body. I have taken certain herbs in the past that cause achy feelings caused by a herxheimer reaction but I was not aware of kava having antimicrobial action.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I was wondering if kava was killing something off in my body
Not that i am aware of however, Kapmcrunk has been compiling tons of research on various studies in regards to how kava benefits or interacts with other functions of the body. It's worth a read. (The link below is a direct path to the articles, but they are all located in the "In depth kava Discussion" folder.)

As I recall, @AlexisReal may be able to give you some insight on Lyme disease and side effects, specially with kava.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I'm not taking any other meds but I've had chronic Lyme symptoms. I was wondering if kava was killing something off in my body. I have taken certain herbs in the past that cause achy feelings caused by a herxheimer reaction but I was not aware of kava having antimicrobial action.
Hi. I never used Kava while I still had an active Borrelia infection, that was contracted in 2004, fully developed in 2005, diagnosed 2015, fully cleared by 2017.

But I still have Lyme Disease. It’s not an infection as such but the chronic condition resulting from the neurological bacteria.

Immune and nervous system dysregulation, is how I define it, so hard to put right.

I feel Kava may well have antimicrobial action against Borrelia and it’s inevitable Co-infections.

But then, if Borrelia has invaded your nervous system, it’s so variable case to case and difficult to identify causes, you can experience all types of inexplainable reactions and symptoms, by immune overreaction, also healing effects and it takes time and careful observation to determine.

Look up the Salt/C protocol for treating Lyme. Use unrefined salt, Redmond is the best quality as Himalayan is highly variable in quality, lots of it way inferior to Redmond Real salt.

And vitamin C, I used ascorbic acid but there are buffered forms that are less acidifying and easier to tolerate in high doses, like 15 grams daily in combo with the same amount of unrefined salt.

Calcium ascorbate. Not sodium ascorbate though.

@Krunʞy thanks for the mention sorry it took so long to offer something, it’s not much as exhausted currently from over 5 months of Long Covid and a few extra kitchen sinks lol.

Hope things are well. I’ll try to add more if I can think of useful advice, but Lyme is never straightforward and each case is unique.

I’m happy to hear any questions and will do my best to answer @Erik Samborski welcome here, sorry for your struggles and potential own case.

Hi. I never used Kava while I still had an active Borrelia infection, that was contracted in 2004, fully developed in 2005, diagnosed 2015, fully cleared by 2017.

But I still have Lyme Disease. It’s not an infection as such but the chronic condition resulting from the neurological bacteria.

Immune and nervous system dysregulation, is how I define it, so hard to put right.

I feel Kava may well have antimicrobial action against Borrelia and it’s inevitable Co-infections.

But then, if Borrelia has invaded your nervous system, it’s so variable case to case and difficult to identify causes, you can experience all types of inexplainable reactions and symptoms, by immune overreaction, also healing effects and it takes time and careful observation to determine.

Look up the Salt/C protocol for treating Lyme. Use unrefined salt, Redmond is the best quality as Himalayan is highly variable in quality, lots of it way inferior to Redmond Real salt.

And vitamin C, I used ascorbic acid but there are buffered forms that are less acidifying and easier to tolerate in high doses, like 15 grams daily in combo with the same amount of unrefined salt.

Calcium ascorbate. Not sodium ascorbate though.

@Krunʞy thanks for the mention sorry it took so long to offer something, it’s not much as exhausted currently from over 5 months of Long Covid and a few extra kitchen sinks lol.

Hope things are well. I’ll try to add more if I can think of useful advice, but Lyme is never straightforward and each case is unique.

I’m happy to hear any questions and will do my best to answer @Erik Samborski welcome here, sorry for your struggles and potential own case.
@AlexisReal thank you for your response! I have done the salt/c protocol, mms, and many other things. The protocol that gave me my life back was the Cowden protocol for 2.5 years. Like you, I have chronic problems that have never fully gone away. It seems that anxiety and depression are the things that have become prominent in the past 2 years. Still taking kava all day and it helps immensely!