What's new

ADHD - Kava Strain

routheir-12

Hi,

I was diagnosed with ADHD. I used to use K@ for studying/working but I don't like the addiction side of it, so I decided to stop and research on kava kava.

I am fairly new to kava and I was wondering which strain could help with my ADHD.

I've tried Taveuni's Secret from Kava time but it doesn't quite work.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sorry for any mistake English isn't my first language.

Thanks,

Last edited:

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hi,

I was diagnosed with ADHD. I used to use K@ for studying/working but I don't like the addiction side of it, so I decided to stop and research on kava kava.

I am fairly new to kava and I was wondering which strain could help with my ADHD.

Thanks,
It's a matter of trial and error, nobody knows the "right" kava for anyone. Kava, while having many health benefits was never intended to treat any medical problems. The root and plant have a holistic history (in any strain). The best advice I can give you is one I give often, SEARCH, there are similar experiences throughout this forum. AND Look at member reviews, that's what they are there for, to help the next newcomer.

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
Hi,

Thanks,
Krunkys advice is spot on. The only thing id add is to look for sample packs wherever u shop. U can try a variety in small amounts. The cost commitment that way is very low. It sounds like u might lean towards heady or balanced kava. Dokobana, bir kar single cultivars would be a great place to start for balanced. If u want to just chill out and dont have a lot of stuff to do, the Temotu purple would be great. Not great for studying for me tho. Like krunky said tho, each kava might work differently for u.

routheir-12

It's a matter of trial and error, nobody knows the "right" kava for anyone. Kava, while having many health benefits was never intended to treat any medical problems. The root and plant have a holistic history (in any strain). The best advice I can give you is one I give often, SEARCH, there are similar experiences throughout this forum. AND Look at member reviews, that's what they are there for, to help the next newcomer.
Thank you for your advice, Ill be looking around the forum !

routheir-12

Krunkys advice is spot on. The only thing id add is to look for sample packs wherever u shop. U can try a variety in small amounts. The cost commitment that way is very low. It sounds like u might lean towards heady or balanced kava. Dokobana, bir kar single cultivars would be a great place to start for balanced. If u want to just chill out and dont have a lot of stuff to do, the Temotu purple would be great. Not great for studying for me tho. Like krunky said tho, each kava might work differently for u.
Thanks for your advice, yeah I'm trying to buy samples but I live in Montreal Canada shipping cost are so high.

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
Thanks for your advice, yeah I'm trying to buy samples but I live in Montreal Canada shipping cost are so high.
Ah yah heard that. If ur going for a bunch of different types from different companies, or u have other stuff ur ordering from the states, u could use a shipping forwarder. They collect all ur shipments and ship it out as 1. Saves on over all cost (usually).

Our sample packs are 4oz each, so if u find 4 u like for 1lb, i think shipping is around 30 to montreal. I could be wrong tho. I remember something we sent at that weight to ottawa recently that was about that.

routheir-12

Ah yah heard that. If ur going for a bunch of different types from different companies, or u have other stuff ur ordering from the states, u could use a shipping forwarder. They collect all ur shipments and ship it out as 1. Saves on over all cost (usually).

Our sample packs are 4oz each, so if u find 4 u like for 1lb, i think shipping is around 30 to montreal. I could be wrong tho. I remember something we sent at that weight to ottawa recently that was about that.
I think ill try as many sample as possible until I find the right one for me. 30$ is not too bad, saw some for 70$ converted in CAD is almost 100$ pretty expensive for shipping haha !

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
I think ill try as many sample as possible until I find the right one for me. 30$ is not too bad, saw some for 70$ converted in CAD is almost 100$ pretty expensive for shipping haha !
Wow yah, it depends on where its coming from too, east vs west coast. Were in florida. Idk the extra intl cost is kind of silly. It shouldnt cost 3x more to ship a bit more north than new york state. 100 cad is a little on the pricey side i agree lol.if u contact the vendor and ask how they do their intl ship charges, sometimes its a flat rate and its not good for some and a deal for others. They might do spot price like we do if u ask....or if u send them a label from their address to urs it might be cheaper.

Sounds great tho, i hope u find something that works great for u!

Ill be up there at some point in the not too distant future. Cant wait to try yalls bagels ;)