What's new

After dermo

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
When I started drinking kava it was strictly lawena grog which I think is maybe more prone to causing dermo than waka? Anyway, after a month, yeah, I got dermo, but it only lasted a couple of weeks. It mainly took the form of super dry skin which sort of looked greyish or whitish, very fine bits of white, like fine sand or something, and it itched like all heck, especially my back. Felt almost like being pricked by thousands of tiny little pins. I also had in a few places, my back, feet, what looked like spontaneous scratches, little eruptions in the flesh. They didn't bleed, nor did they scab up like a usual scratch, but they looked like a scratch, and took a few weeks to fade.

Anyway, after two weeks of itchy dermo hell all of a sudden my skin became the silkiest, smoothest most wonderful feeling skin I've ever had in my life.

Is this normal? I never saw anyone mention this before. Could kava be doing a bunch of good stuff to my skin? I used to have occasionally oily or flaky skin on my face and that's completely gone now. And my armpits smell nicer, even when I work out heavily. Taking a shower now feels so gosh darn good it's hard to bet me out of there.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I could be wrong but from what I understand, having oils in our skin is good for health although it can be undesirable because of pimples and greasiness. The issues may be harmless or negligible but I would wager that dry flaky dermo with bleeding cracks forming is not beneficial for your skin.

As far as it clearing up, I have this hand dermo going that at it's worst has the back of my hands cracking little paper cut cracks that sting/burn and have flecks of blood in them. Yesterday I got so dry and had many of these cuts. I applied dryness lotion one time and I awoke today to see that there were barely any signs of the flaky red scaliness that I had gone to be with. I think a night of strong darkly colored oily Waka was enough to push me over the top into dermo discomfort but switching to ghk stuff and cutting back a tiny bit even for one day with a bit of lotion put me miles away from any noticeable irritation in my hands. Remarkable.