What's new

After long breaks do you find the "reverse tolerance" has to start over

Jimmyricky

Kava Curious
I took a long break from kava, about a year and just picked up a double aluball and had some honokane iki. Pretty pleasant experience, but could have been a bit stronger perhaps, but I do know about how finicky kava is is so I'm really happy with how the session turned out. I'm just curious about this topic.

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
This is something that’s gonna be completely different for everyone. I’ve taken about a month long break and didn’t notice much difference in potency when coming back; that said I drink Kava fairly regularly. There’s so many factors with Kava as you probably are already aware of that it’s hard to predict anything for someone else.

Is this your first time using an aluball or that particular strain of kava? Aluball doesn't generally make as strong of a grog as traditional preparation. You kinda trade strength for convenience. Absolutely a great tool to have though!

Jimmyricky

Kava Curious
Yeah, true I was just curious about the topic it was my first time using the aluball and the strain. So there are tons of factors of course and especially with my first time using this strain. However, I was wondering if there is any possibility of a second reverse tolerance.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Maybe, only mildly, for the first day or two, in my experience. Like, my first day back will only be 65%-75% as good as the 2nd or 3rd day will be.