What's new

I Love Kava Friday Ahhhhhh, that day.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
1710504041636.png

That's right, kava lovers, this sloth is tired. Storms + Dog with anxiety in the middle of the night does not equal a good time, lol. Such is life though, and as such I'll be doing as much as I can to soak up any rest possible this weekend.

I hope everyone has a fantastic one!

Bula/Malok!

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
Since we are becoming New Mexico residents today, Sherri and I are going to imbibe green chile kava. It may be a one time experience. We've already adapted to eating green chiles on almost everything. So...this afternoon we'll reunite two members of the Pepper Family in one gulp. From an evolutionary perspective, they've been separate for more than a million years, so it's time to bring them together.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Since we are becoming New Mexico residents today, Sherri and I are going to imbibe green chile kava. It may be a one time experience. We've already adapted to eating green chiles on almost everything. So...this afternoon we'll reunite two members of the Pepper Family in one gulp. From an evolutionary perspective, they've been separate for more than a million years, so it's time to bring them together.
Different families :)

Kava = Piperaceae (Black Pepper)

Green Chile = Solanaceae (Nightshade)

Still happy you're uniting them in New Mexico artisan style ;)

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
This week I took a chance on an Amazon kava that I'd typically reject simply based off the information I can gather from their lame non-kava related name and free clip-art style of low effort packaging graphics. I looked up the company and it turns out to be a Florida Kr@tom/Kava place, which we know is common there and the kava was sold as ceremonial grade Vanuatu kava...which made me think they probably just buy Kava Depot's Vanuatu "Ceremonial grade" powder and I'll gladly drink that. Anyway, I'm glad to say that even though it looked like a shitty kava to buy, it was good smelling, good lookin' authentic kava. It's ground up a bit rougher than the fine modern grinds that are around now, it reminds me of stuff I used to get in the old days. For being a quickie 1-day delivery Amazon kava the effects were pretty good, could be stronger of course, but I've definitely had less effective kavas from Amazon, even from vendors with more reputable names. I might even buy this one again if I'm ever in a pinch.
::happyshell::
SEBotanicals
seb kava.jpg

Last edited: